or Connect

Posts by PeterK

If I remember correctly - and I could easily be wrong - but isn't this guy the same one claiming the Marantz 8801 needed complete rebuilding with lots of new components?
I can sure understand the excitement for a new audio sound format as Keith has been talking so much about. I just really doubt that we will see a well developed version coming by the end of this year. Guess I am more interested in my next products being ready for video improvements as in improved HDMI and whatever else is needed. Of course 4K video is also evolving just like object oriented audio so we are chasing moving targets. I get virtually all my movie and music...
If you lived closer I would let you borrow my amp to test. Ignore the numerical display for volume as it really means very little as to the ability of your receiver. I run my Pioneer at -12 for movies when with the wife and at -5 when alone. Have you run YPAO yet? What are the room measurements? Is it open to other areas?
You need to call jdsmoothie here at AVS for great prices! "JD" - AVScience Sales, Direct phone --> 585-645-1006 877-823-4452 ext 103 Orlando Florida M-F 9am - 9pm EST (nights/weekends when on line) "Authorized" dealer for Denon, Marantz, Onkyo, Yamaha, Sony, Oppo, Darbee, etc. Phone me for the best price.
You can probably order a new remote from Pioneer. Before you do that - try this. Had similar problem yesterday. My remote for my old DVD player stopped working. Took it apart and found that at some time a battery had leaked. This caused rusting / corrosion of the contact pin in the remote. Sanded the contact and it is back working fine. Really not much of anything that can go wrong with a remote.
Guess I don't understand the question. Only you can determine if the XPA-3 is providing benefit to your system. Simple to test. Go direct from AVR to speakers and listen. It boils down to the efficiency of your speakers and the true output of your receiver. I have the XPA-3 coupled with my old Pioneer Elite receiver and there is absolutely no benefit. I hang onto it as it is paid for and I don't know if I may need to use an outboard amp for future equipment or additional...
Follow-up The room is a living room with 4 walls, ceramic tile floor with a throw rug, 2 couches, 2 leather recliners. 4 windows with drapes. So the room is quite "lively" and installing room treatments meets severe resistance from the wife. Speakers are JTR 228HTs fronts and JTR Slant 8HTs surrounds. Currently running an Emotiva XPA-3 with the Elite but really not needed at all. Reading that the new Elites may have improved MCACC but don't know if that willl offer...
Has there ever been a detailed review comparing them? Have never found any kind of comparison between Audyssey XT32 and other room correction options that don't have subwoofer correction but use the Anti-Mode. I have read glowing comments on the 8033 Cinema as well as the claimed benefits of Audyssey. I have an old Elite VSX49TX that I added the Anti-Mode 8033 Cinema to. I have dual sealed subs - 12" Audio Concepts Titan IIs currently that will be replaced with a...
One example---- When Emotiva quit offering their larger floor standing speakers - that I had read quite a few favorable owner reviews of - I was dumbfounded by there being no replacement models offered. It has been what - almost 2 years now since they discontinued the big floor standers? What kind of professional marketing and sales program is that? This goes for the subwoofers also. Amps are their bread-and-butter. They need to partner with other companies for other...
Depends upon what type of finish you want. Veneered or any optional finish like a smooth mat finish require an extra 4-6 weeks. My veneered 228HTs and smooth Slant 8HTs took 10 weeks but the order was placed end of last year so Jeff was buried with all of us trying to beat the price increases. I believe the standard finish ships in 4-6 weeks. Best to email or cal JTR for updated info.