or Connect

Posts by willscary

The X4000 is more than I had expected and I am quite happy with it, even though I am not sure if all of the settings and features are fully explained in the manual. I built an HTPC and I run it into the X4000. While watching TV or anything else, there is a switching noise every time I change a channel or a source input. I am taking a guess that the noise is related to an amplifier switching on and off. I have a 6.2 setup, but I have everything configured to run 6.2...
I would choose the 3...they offer about the same output with the ability to be smooth overall room response.
Absolutely horrible markups that they are calling "liquidation sales", plus widespread local news reports of customers being overcharged at the checkout counter. People were paying 25% more for tvs than I paid at Christmas and walking out happy as I was walking through the store shaking my head at the near list pricing. Call it a liquidation sale and all the idiots flock to the stores like sheep just knowing they are getting great deals when in fact they are getting...
So...when Audyssey (or any other room correction program) claims to "time align" speakers and subwoofers, is that in respect to "distance" based on ping delays, or will it actually delay different frequency signals to correct for phase? Forgive me, I know what I am trying to ask, but I am not finding the correct words to convey it. An trio of examples of what I am wondering... First...All speakers exhibit changes in electrical phase at different frequencies. Some more...
Don, I am guessing that he thinks in the same manner I do about crossovers. My thoughts are that I want a flat response up to about 130Hz from a sub, and I want my mains and center (and surrounds, but in the case of surrounds it is wishful thinking!) to play flat down to 50 Hz or so. If these frequency responses are met, you can minimize response deviations around the crossover point if it is set at 80Hz. Crossover slopes are such that even though the responses are...
Nathan,"reference levels" are tough to achieve, even in your small sealed space. "reference level" is 85dB for normal channels and 95dB for the LFE channel. That sounds easy enough, but then, to be truly "reference", you must have enough headroom to go another 20 dB higher. This is where it gets tough.Even in a small sealed room such as yours (mine is nearly exactly the same size) it takes a lot of subwooferage to truly get to reference. A single FV15HP (the most...
OK Bee...What really IS your agenda?a quote from you...Prior to that I had posted this:To which you replied:You talk of how others are not happy unless they are arguing and you talk about how we need to say nice things about Rythmik here and you talk about how it should not matter if someone else wants a single sub or whatever, as long as they are happy, who cares.It is interesting how I ran through the Rythmik website and cited Brian's own descriptions of his subs and you...
I agree. Based on your room size and what you have said, Don's thoughts are probably true. If a monetary budget is your concern, then a pair of LV12Rs will do the job and the pair will help to diminish room modes and flatten overall response. If you decide that you want to spend more money on subs for the space, then consider a larger multiple sub setup, which will provide more headroom and less distortion.
Then Brian's website is wrong.I really have to wonder about some of the comments on the ULF score thread about how the F25 is generously considered to be "only" 4dB less than the FV15HP at 20 Hz. I understand the thought if the F25 was a single driver with only 400 watts, but it is a dual driver with 800 total watts. The Rythmik website clearly states that at 20 Hz the F25 has 1dB less output than the FV15HP and it also clearly states that the F25 is down only 2dB at 14...
From the website... "F25 matches the low frequency output of our vented subs and for music use the output is even higher. The dual driver design increases efficiency so that only half the power is required for a given output level. Like our other high output options, a 800WRMS amplifier is included." more efficient, two drivers with less displacement each, but more overall displacement, and more overall power...