or Connect

Posts by lovingdvd

Are there any rumors, knowledge or best guesses out there regarding what will replace the 8500 and when? In particular I'd prefer to wait for a new set that has HDMI 2.0 with HDCP 2.2 support for full compatibility with 4K blu-ray when it comes out. Just wondering how long I may be waiting. My older set had the blue channel go bad in the low IREs so you can imagine the picture looks pretty green. But I'd like to try and wait it out before replacing it for that 4K support....
Interesting, because supposedly this update is supposed to speed up the cube calibration.BTW, I see you answered a question of mine in the Samsung F8500 thread. Am I correct then to assume you are calibrating this display? Based on your questions here I can see you are focused exactly on the same thing I am. I am looking at getting the F8500 but before I do it would be great to know if a) all three primaries exceed the Rec 709 targets, and b) if there is enough lumance for...
Is the 51" 8500 known to buzz as well?
Can I ask why? Did you run into problems, and if so, what? Thanks.
Thank you Chad. I wasn't sure however what post you were referring to? I did not see a Calibration Reports section, tho it is probably right under my nose? Can you please provide a link?I did find some extremely useful information from your review of the 8500, linked to in your review. I commend you for the outstanding attention to detail with regards to calibration and technical information in your review! Truly outstanding. There are very few people out there I would...
I have a Sony KDSA2000 DLP HDTV. Its 8 years old but still puts out a decent picture. Good enough for room where I am just watching casual TV. Recently I started noticing that the picture looked quite green, despite having changed the bulb and recalibrating 3 months ago - what at that time everything was great. So something changed. I checked it with CalMAN yesterday and was surprised at the problem - basically there is practically no blue in the lower IREs. So for...
Has anyone used CalMAN to measure the gamut and see how the color saturations, lumanance and sweeps measure? I would love to see the output from that. Not just where the primaries lay on the gamut but how well it tracks across all saturation levels. At a minimum I would like to confirm that the primaries at their widest setting are greater than the Rec709 targets and that there is sufficient brightness in each of the primaries at these targets to provide the headroom for a...
Can anyone recommend a reliable and reputable place online to buy the F8500 at a price lower than Amazon's? Whether they will match it or not? Thanks!
Yes you will need a meter. "Best calibration performance" at any price or what's your budget?
Besides this Samsung what else is considered the top HDTV around its price range?