or Connect

Posts by Ruined

CRUD! My W7000, an original 1.0 unit that was sent back to be upgraded to 1.03, appears to be succumbing to iris failure!! I know this is a common problem, though mine isn't totally dead yet. It seems to be randomly opening and shutting, often closing down or opening up inappropriately within the same scene. 1) Is there any provision for BenQ fixing this free as it is a known problem, like the 360 red ring? 2) How much does it cost to fix if not?
Wendell, yes, but I was also referring to articles such as this: http://library.creativecow.net/galt_john/John_Galt_2K_4K_Truth_About_Pixels/1
One thing I want everyone to keep in mind reading the following post is that I am not one to dictate what other people buy or deride them for it. These are my own opinions. Some of the things I’ve learned looking into 4K more: * The amount of *true 4k* content is staggeringly small. It appears even the 3D movie library dwarfs true 4k content that was not downscaled at anytime during the production chain. Even several of the movies in Sony’s own 4k delivery system...
Sure would, maybe even most of the features several requested above. Question is, could they produce the discs on a scale that is profitable? And, would they be able to sell them at a reasonable price? Anyways, this tech looks like it could be a long way off and is probably different than the "BD format extension" group that I have heard bandied about for 4k. Personally if I were Sony/Panasonic/etc and could fit a 4k movie on a BD50, I would think that would make the...
So, I studied a lot of the caps and comments on here on these remasters, from what I understand these are the main differences: MASTERED IN 4K vs ORIGINAL RELEASE MASSIVELY BETTER THAN ORIGINAL RELEASE GHOSTBUSTERS [all around way better] MEN IN BLACK [all around way better] SPIDER-MAN 1 [all around way better] SIGNIFICANTLY BETTER THAN ORIGINAL RELEASE GLORY [slightly more detail and better grain] THE KARATE KID [more detail and better color balance] MONEYBALL...
Some good points brought up here, these are my responses: #1 MOVIE THEATERS LOOK BETTER WITH 4K - Yes, they do, as the screen size of a movie theater is many times that of a home theater. My original post was just stating we've collectively been seeing movies in the theater for quite some time at 1080p, and most people didn't think it looked horrendous or anything (assuming you have a good theater by you). 4K will bring improvement to the mega size theater screen, but...
The loss of detail during motion is a weakness of LCD. If you saw a DLP 4K you likely would not see that.That being said, sitting 10ft back I doubt the difference will be significant on 99% of movies on screens 10ft and below. Personally I'd rather invest the money in a pro quality 1080p projector than a consumer 4k projector.
Well, We have two posters that have tried it successfully already, one with an active and one with a passive set. Most 3DTVs work by alternating successive left and right eye images on the screen in rapid succession, thus if these were manipulated to actually be plain successive single images through the encoding in most cases there would be no barrier for it not to work. Plasma is probably the ideal tv tech to experiment with this on. The only limitations could be: *...
I believe Zodiaque is right, with most 3DTVs it does make sense that a hack of the 3D BD spec should allow 2D 48fps playback and there are statements that it has been tested to work. No, for most sets it likely won't be at an exact multiple of 48hz, but many people lived with 24p @ 60hz for a long time without ill effect. I don't see the barrier. 3D @ 48fps is a different story, though, that you can't do.
Hi all, So, with the advent of 4K there is the likely chance we will see physical media @ 4k in 2014 as the BDA has stated they are debating this as we speak. Personally, though, I am finding it hard to get excited about this tech. Reasons: 1) JOE KANE of Video Essentials/DVE fame, said outright in his testing you need a 120" screen before you even start to notice any real benefit of 4k over 2k (1080p) at normal viewing distances. This is an extremely trustworthy...