or Connect

Posts by AKA

Which is why I said running the new receptacle was the better solution. That said, having more code compliant options isn't a bad thing.
And probably is the dividing line for many people. Don't get me wrong, extending an existing circuit isn't too tall of an order (it's the better solution, really). However, it does require some basic electrical knowledge and familiarity with the existing wiring. Powerbridge doesn't even require that much.
What does what I said have to do with permits? That's an issue between you and your municipality. I referred to NEC (and CEC) code.There is not an extension cord manufactured that is rated for in-wall use in the United States or Canada.So because dwellings might have code violations, it's a way to justify creating more? Like I said, it's your choice, but just because you think it's not a big deal or safe, doesn't make it compliant. The person who asked the question...
If you can wall mount a tv, you can install a powerbridge, they're pretty straightforward in that regard. Other manufacturers produce similar products if cost is a concern (Monoprice sells one for under 50).
I think you're referring to knob and tube wiring as being no longer used in homes. Romex is not what you decscibe.Extension cords used in a permanent setting, such as a tv or appliance, are not code compliant. They're meant to be temporary. There are reasons for this, not simply vagaries, as you suggest.The reason it's in violation of code is because all wiring that is in-wall should be permanent (and rated). Extension cords or flexible/appliance cords are not...
Powerbridge is code compliant. No quotes needed. The wiring it uses is the same thing you'd use to run the new circuit you suggest.Is a new or extended run preferable? Sure. Powerbridge is just another option.
Right movie, wrong scene...
They do carry 50" and 65" S64 models. They're a step down from the ST60 in terms of PQ (basically the S60 with the ST60's AR) and you lose 3D and one HDMI. If you can overlook those differences, it might be worth considering.
Just go to a local retailer and leave your contact info with a salesperson with a request to be contacted when they have one in. You should hear from them much sooner than 3-5 weeks - retailers ARE getting units, but they're all going to customers who've already ordered, or who have spoken for one. If you're waiting for them to be widely available on store shelves, you're going to be looking for weeks.Just get your name on a list.
If you place an order, you should have it well before then. Most BBs, for example, have a wait of about three weeks (less if you are persistent and/or can get a salesperson to keep an eye on the local warehouse and contact you).If, however, you're intent on waiting for them to have them on hand in your local store and not reserved, you'll likely end up waiting longer.