or Connect

Posts by mrock12

Dear Mr. jabbathespud, Thank you for holding. Your business is important to us. Please stay on the line and the next available representative will help you. Dear Mr. jabbathespud, Thank you for holding. Your business is important to us. Please stay on the line and the next available representative will help you. Dear Mr. jabbathespud, Thank you for holding. Your business is important to us. Please stay on the line and the next available representative will help...
Is his true? The FCC requires cable companies to carry low power Spanish, religious, and home shopping channels?
Why?
Consumers will benefit if the television content production and delivery business is subject to free market forces. The production and delivery companies would have you believe otherwise, because they are protecting their current lucrative business model. What's the difference between not being able to choose to pay for the individual channels that you want and not being able to choose to pay for the individual programs that you want? Ala carte, taken to its inevitable...
Once again we see a good reason for ala carte. Let viewers decide with their dollars what they consider HD what they consider fake HD.
They should call it CNBC Widescreen. Our PBS station shows Widescreen that is not HD and that is what they call it, Widescreen. There are too many companies trying to cash in on the HD label. They are going to create a mess. HD will cease to have any meaning. Any companies that feel there is value in the high image quality of HD should get together and create a registered logo that can be used to identify content that meets a strict set of quality guidelines. I...
mspan, A similar thing happened to me with Comcast in Vancouver. I canceled my Comcast broadband service. Comcast climbed the pole and put a filter in the line. The filter trashed my TV signal. When I called Comcast, they insisted that I had something go bad in my TV or VCR. After thy finally sent out a technician to check, they realized that it was the filter that they put on the line causing the problem.
I remember that Sony was working on something like this several years ago: http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/News/Pr...00206/02-023E/
I wonder if a "provider" - ABC, KATU, Comcast - delivers a signal to your TV that causes your TV to incur screen burn-in, are they liable? I would think that you should be able to trust the television signal going to your TV from the provider not to cause damage to your TV.
A couple brief things that I noticed: 1) The blueprints for the Looking Glass appear to show the station resting on pylons. 2) The blueprints show a submarine docked in the moon pool. 3) The markings around the Dharma symbol on the sign off the dock when Ben and his father (Roger) arrived were slightly different than on all other Dharma symbols (a set design/contruction mistake?)