or Connect

Posts by rreini

It wasn't in HD in Detroit. But I never expected it to be in HD; see my post near the beginning of the thread. Also, the HDTV Magazine newsletter did not mention it as being in HD. But it was a good production, I thought.
That's true about the sound sync not being as critical with the Masters. It wasn't much an issue with the Final Four except when Greg Gumbel and the analysts were on. I did send an e-mail yesterday to Peter Sockett, the engineer at WWJ, but I don't know if he's seen it yet.
Has anyone in southeast Michigan noticed a slight lag (around 1/4 second) in the audio on WWJ's HDTV feed? I first noticed it during the Final Four broadcasts last week. It was very noticeable on "Diagnosis Murder" Thursday night. However, their upconverted programming did not seem to have this problem.
I wonder where E-town got its information from? According to http://www.cbsbroadcastcontrol.com/hdtv.htm, Fail Safe is not listed as being in HDTV. Then again, the page usually lists when programs that might be in HDTV are not, and it's not listed there either. I personally doubt that it'll be in HDTV.
WWJ in Detroit carried the HDTV coverage today. It had its good points and bad points. The bad: heavy pixilation whenever the ball in flight neared the ground, and the ground reappeared in the picture. This caused me to momentarily lose sight of the ball. The good: picture-postcard clarity of several shots. Roger
Whenever I view the Fox digital feed on my regular analog TV, the Fox logo is cropped slightly. There is no cropping when I view it on my 19" multisync monitor I use as my HD monitor. I'd attribute the cropping to overscanning by my TV. Roger
Whenever I view the Fox digital feed on my regular analog TV, the Fox logo is cropped slightly. There is no cropping when I view it on my 19" multisync monitor I use as my HD monitor. I'd attribute the cropping to overscanning by my TV. Roger
I brought my setup (DTC-100 and a 19" multisync monitor) to my aunt and uncle's house, where we watched the Michigan State game. They were definitely impressed with the picture quality and clarity, even though the sound lagged a short amount behind the picture (a quarter of a second lag, I estimate). Was that national, or was that peculiar to Detroit? Roger
I brought my setup (DTC-100 and a 19" multisync monitor) to my aunt and uncle's house, where we watched the Michigan State game. They were definitely impressed with the picture quality and clarity, even though the sound lagged a short amount behind the picture (a quarter of a second lag, I estimate). Was that national, or was that peculiar to Detroit? Roger
In another thread, Bernie R posted a URL from Digital Broadcasting: http://www.digitalbroadcasting.com/c...&VNETCOOKIE=NO The story said that ABC is re-evaluating its committment to HD production due to production costs and the lack of an audience. I hope ABC changes its mind. Yes, the audience may be small now, but it's growing. MNF was one of my favorite HDTV broadcasts, and I'd like for that to continue. But if ABC pulls back, I fear that their action would tend...