or Connect

Posts by bigRoN

Quote: Originally Posted by Pagali Just bought a house in Elk Grove, moving in soon. I have Dish now, which I pretty much need to stick with for TV, because of their Hindi Megapack. (Nobody else offers as many South Asian channels.) However, I would consider Surewest for my HD and premium channels if you all have good things to say about the PQ and the HD DVR? How do they compare with Dish? I've had Comcast for internet and phone in Davis and Elk Grove...
Quote: Originally Posted by deltaguy An a-b switch is what works best for using multiple antennas. It doesn't mean a combiner can't work. It's just less likely. Even if the antennas are directional, the location of the two antennas may be important. You don't want the antennas to interact prior to the a-b switch, or combiner. It's best to try antennas individually first in order to get baseline reception. I think Chico may get blacked-out Raider...
I live in Roseville and thinking I should be able to pick up programming from Chico area stations in addition to Sacramento stations but they are in a very different angle. I was wondering if I could use 2 antennas... one pointed towards the Sacramento-area towers and one towards Chico and join them somehow. I tried to research joining two or more antennas and told that I may get interference if I just used a 2-1 splitter/combiner. A rotator is NOT an option. I would LIKE...
The first question is a very excellent question (meaning I asked it too)... I was told it was a limitation either of the Motorola hardware (set-top box) or the Microsoft Mediaroom software.... I don't exactly remember which of the two was the culprit... I'm hoping it is with the Motorola hardware, as they could eventually change to more capable hardware. If it is a limitation of Microsoft's Mediaroom... my response would be to say "Typical Microsoft." About the second...
Quote: Originally Posted by bigRoN That is because SureWest is not a CABLE company. SureWest is a telephone/network access company that provides video services over it's network, while companies like Comcast are a cable company that provides telephone/network access over it's cable system. Initially SureWest was just a telephone company. To the consumer, they tend to blend together, but technologically speaking, they are like comparing apples to...
I am happy to see there are some changes coming to SureWest's video services, some of which have already been implemented. I have verified that I have the new Mediaroom 2.0. I haven't learned about how all the new things work, but one aspect I have found to work is pausing of live TV on the non-DVR units. This has been a great frustration of mine... I get used to how one box behaves, but it only works on that one box in the house. Now, I can hit pause and on any TV and...
I found, about a month ago, that I now have a new channel when I'm at work. I'm just using a ChannelMaster digital converter box and rabbit ears in my office, but I'm getting digital channel 8. 8.1 sometimes has foreign language programming and test bars, 8.3 has some shopping channel, 8.4 also has test bars and 8.2 is RTV. I am getting a rock-solid 100% signal on these channels without any fluctuation. I believe this is a low-power transmitter, so I must be fairly close...
I just found that... they have a forum site too... just registered to ask advice there as well. I also just went to a projection calculation site and found some disconcerting information... my desired throw distance is about 25 feet... apparently this makes much too large a picture and requires higher light output. Is there anyway to overcome this? Is it possible to change the lens to the Epson projectors?
I mainly plan on watching movies via Blu-Ray or Netflix as we are in the pool, spa or sitting around the pool deck. I just went outside to check lighting... It's actually fairly dark provided none of our backyard lights or neighbors' backyard lights are on. I estimate from our patio cover to where I'll put up the fabric to be about 25 feet. What sort of screen size would be ideal? I have a tree on either side of my 50-foot wide back side of property I was planning on...
At the "pressuring" of my wife, we are in the market for a backyard theater setup. I live in suburbia with neighbors on each side, but just a sidewalk, trees and an access street beyond my back fence. While we don't want to spend too large a fortune on this, I don't want to give up some sense of quality. At the moment, I'm thinking of having a tightly pulled white sheet for a screen near the back fence and suspending a projector platform from our patio cover, shining...