or Connect

Posts by mrmiller

Scott - glad your interested in going for the home theater experience. I would have to say, looking at the add, if it meets your requirements and would be happy with this, go for it. I will say this however, becoming acclimated with the different technologies, costs, etc. takes months and months of study. Try looking at projectorcentral.com to do research on projectors, for example the Optima H31 is a native 480p projector using DLP technology. There are better...
Sanyo PLV-70HT - about 800 hours on my first bulb - the projector is sequestered in a closet with luvers for heat disapation - maybe it wasnt enough? using conditioned electricity as well; Most showings were about 3 dvd per setting every fri/sat night - I noticed at about 500 hours a decrease noticable in the output - the day the lamp blew, I saw it upon warmup flicker, which it had never done and waited really until about 03 - 02 - 01 to begin to warm up the screen :)...
Hi guys again ;-) just hanging out and waiting like the rest of us. I did finally settle on a Sony HD200 set top box and a Terk TV55 antena - so we wait, watch HDNet - the Avs games are really great this way! :-) I will chat with you later - lets hope the broadcasters keep on schedule.
look at pacificcable.com - dvidl-5 meter or whatever you need
Jimmy - Hi. I do see some difference - but it could just be me wanting to offset the cost of the cable - lol... I am pleased that I can use Input1 :-) RGB doesnt work for me ? I dont understand this 3 blue pixel thing that does not occur in Component - btw, dvi will show all bad interlacing problems from less than optimal sources - Ie CNN (nonHD source) you can see funny artifacts on the edges of the image - I think my projector does better upscaling than the set top box -...
Frank - where do you have your antenna ? in your room / attic ? Where do you live ? I live at Oro Blanco / North Carefree - so I have a great line of sight to Cheyenne .. :-)
I also receive the blue line at the bottom of the screen ? PLV-70 DVI on the SamSung TS160 - HBOHD works wonderful - I do have 3 pixels of blue on the bottom of my screen? But he image is slendid and I feel like Input1 can finally be utilized (could not get RGB Analog to work - so I will use component if I need too..) Ideas on the blue border on the 3 last pixcels on my image? Thanks, Matthew.Miller@wcom.com
Hi ya - got my Samsung TS160 - the D*tv stuff is nice :-) - purchased a RShack indoor digital antenna to get locals (15-1890)- 5/8/11/13/21 ? and only pbs 8 looks good - ? I get some snow on 11 and 13 has like a moving 1/4 screen section up the image. So do I take back the antenna and go get a real antenna and diplex it from my roof ? You know the more I think about it, what could I possibly want to see locally? Maybe I will just return the antenna and remain...
yes - I agree - either will be better than you have - there have been many comparisons, informatoin on both. I have seen both - look at the sony 12ht - not the 10ht, its worth the 2g more. /contrast/inputs and other improvements. I own a PLV-70 - I love it. it depends on your other surrounding eq. too - if your just watching dvd's - well? these projectors are so sensitive that you will see any flaw in the source - in fact I for the longest time thought my...
Homebread - yes, I assumed as much - so hopefully my stb will have a flawed implementation of HDCP - lol... PLV-70 DVI on the SamSung TS160 - HBOHD works wonderful - I do have 3 pixels of blue on the bottom of my screen? But he image is slendid and I feel like Input1 can finally be utilized (could not get RGB Analog to work - so I will use component if I need too..) Ideas on the blue border on the 3 last pixcels on my image? Thanks, Matthew.Miller@wcom.com