or Connect

Posts by Aggies#1

Looking for a Lumagen RadianceXS. If you have one you want to part with, please let me know. Thanks, Tim
Sorry, I don't have the equipment to do such measurements.
I have an Oppo BDP-93. Despicable Me is one of the few movies that I ever saw crosstalk. Except for the opening title, most of the crosstalk is barely visible. Never noticed it much in other 3D movies that I own.
I received my 8000 yesterday. It replaced the 7000 that was quickly snatched up on Ebay last night. The mounting holes appear to be identical to the 7000, as my old mount was a perfect fit. Focus seems to be a little bit tighter than my 7000, but YMMV. I ran it for about four hours last night. I mainly watched hi-def cable (ESPN Sports Center, Dallas vs Chicago game). The wife, who is usually not impressed with my video "upgrades", immediately commented on how...
I believe your problem is that the input on the HDFury 1 is actually DVI-D (and not HDMI 1.3 compliant). HDFury1 is known to have compatibility problems too... http://dme.ghost2.net/hdfury/hdfury-iii/specs-iii/ I never had a HDFury1, but I did have HDFury2. It was "OK" and worked fine. However, I decided to trade it in for the HDFury3 and never looked back. It provided a dramatic improvement in PQ over the HDFury2. I would recommend getting the HDFury3. It's HDMI...
Bob, I have the same projector as you (Zenith 895 Pro). I also started out with the Omega 1 too and then upgraded to CS-2 SDI about a year ago. It took me some time, but I eventually created a custom rez (~560p) that I'm happy with. (IMO, anything close 720p is too much for this model.) Anyway, the CS-2 is not bad. You will see an improvement over the omega one for sure. The CS-2 does have its quirks, but I've learned to live with them for now. (Some...
While many of my favorites have already been mentioned, it would be a shame if someone didn't mention another oldie but goodie: Ursula Andress , The Sensuous Nurse ... swimming pool scene. I'll never forget it... That's what was on HBO on the very first day my parents finally got cable tv. Ah, what a way to start a subscription!!!:D
I'm getting a good signal on 45.2 with my Sammy T165, but no video. Unrelatedly, 9.2 is causing my STB to restart occasionally. This usually happens when I first flip over to it. Once my box tunes it in after a couple of restarts, everything is OK. Weird.
Quote: Originally posted by timdgibson First, my generation does not like Britney; that's the generation behind us. Remember, we're the ones that brought you Nirvana. :D It's OK. You can admit to liking Brittany... Really! It's OK! :) Besides does MTV really play anything other than Brittany now and the other Brittany wannabes? I doubt they are playing Nirvana anymore... However I bow to your knowledge in this area. If they are indeed playing...
OK, I'll play. I'm 38. I was in high school when MTV actually played music videos all day.:D I haven't watched MTV in a gazillion years, so I don't know what you have been exposed too. I think constant motion may be OK for some short video production where video content is more important than the music. (I assume this is why your generation likes Brittney Spears...) I think the focus of SoundStage should be about the music first, then video. Ideally, I think most...