or Connect

Posts by pianoman41

I've got two Panasonic Showstopper HVS-2000s, and both record well over 15 hours of programming a week: 1. Purchased August 2000. Original 30G hard drive runs like a champ. Warm boot maybe three times a year. Cold boot maybe once a year. 2. Purchased January 2001 (for my wife, since she was recording all the time on the first one, not letting me use it). Upgraded to 100G hard drive with large cluster formatting in June 2002. Original drive was slightly noisier...
I hope SonicBlue is more efficient than ReplayTV was at handling rebates. Mine took about 30 phone calls and 13 months to get, and I wasn't alone. Of course, this was about two years ago when it was just Replay TV. What a nightmare!!
Quote: Originally posted by LPerryman Well, after sending a certified letter to Ken Potashner explaining the runaround, I received confirmation today that they will honor my rebate (even though it's almost a full year late). Notwithstanding the delay and associated pain, I'm happy again. Lee I *finally* got my $100 rebate from SonicBlue on December 2, 2001. That's just over 14 months from the time I sent it in, not to mention the dozens of phone...
I can beat your story. I sent in my rebate in September 2000 and I'm also still waiting. After numerous phone calls and the same runaround you got, I think got connected with the right person to make this happen. *IF* it works and I get the rebate check as promised (should be here within 10 days), I will post the name and direct contact number of the person I dealt with, and maybe those of you with similar problems will have better luck. Matt
Quote: Originally posted by replaysteve: - It's less expensive to operate since we don't need a national network of dial-up POPs. Please don't worry about the ReplayTV Service getting shut off. We have maintained a reliable service, and will continue to do so. Frankly, we find the swirl of speculation around that to be exhausting and completely inaccurate. First, thanks ReplaySteve for the direct replies to many questions/rumors posted here in...
Same here for me. I've had nightly connects, no error messages in my messages box and although I can access MRTV.com, the listings of current shows on my box are from last Wednesday (09/26). Doesn't look like it has updated since then. It's a shame. This has such huge potential (and I love using it when it works). But because I can't count on it I always program from the box at home. http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/frown.gif
Quote: Originally posted by RandyL712: Sounds like your fight is with the clearing house, not Replay. You said Replay approved the payment and that the clearing house messed up. end of story for replay. Nope. The clearing house approved the rebate first (they were the ones handling it). The whole thing got screwed up for everybody. As a long-time member of this board I know you remember all the posts in November/December 2000 with everyone...
Everyone will have their opinions on this but I vote strongly for Home Theatre Master's MX-1000. Learning remote with the LCD screen, PC-compatible. It has the hard buttons laid out similar to the RTV remote and has a joystick nub that covers navigation (up/down/left/right/select). I think it's the best one out there and you can get it online for around $200.
Quote: Originally posted by RandyL712: [BAnyway, one of those rebate clearing houses processed the Replay rebates. The problem likely lies with them, not Replay. If Replay had denied the claim or needed more information you would have received a postcard explaining this. Have you even called the clearing house or Replay about this?[/b] I have made *numerous* calls to both the clearing house (where I started) and to ReplayTV (as mentioned in my first...
I haven't visited here in a while, but I just wanted to say I have never been more angered and saddened by the way ReplayTV handled this whole rebate debacle. I started visiting this board shortly after purchasing my Replay TV in August of 2000. Sent in the $100 rebate and I have still yet to get it. And I know I'm not alone. Many people had to become pests to get their rebates. Just search the archives of this forum and you'll see what I mean (if you weren't around...