or Connect

Posts by Jeremyd5

It does sound like it is an issue with the Denon since you have replaced cables and are able to get the Roku 3 to work when connected directly to your HDTV. (I'm assuming you've already tried connecting the Roku 3 to either the BD player or Xbox HDMI input that you know works on the Denon.) One thing to ask although I suspect you have tried this already, are you turning on your receiver before the Panasonic? I ask only because I was having HDCP issues on my Roku 3 when...
Well I thought I was done, but I ran into one other issue with my laptop, although I suspect it can't be fixed without a hardware change. I went to play a song with a sampling rate of 176400/24 and received a compatibility error in Foobar. Confused because it ran fine before, I turned off WASAPI and was able to play the song, but I noticed the AVR had the sampling rate as 192000/24. A check of Windows audio settings shows that 176400/24 isn't an option (I don't know how...
Ah, I do see MinimServer in the View menu option. Everything appears to be working so I'll look into the ColumnsUI and will definitely try out the BubbleUPnP app because it would be nice to be able to select a song/playlist on my Galaxy S4 and have Foobar on the PC play it rather than having to go over to my PC every time I wanted to listen to something else. There's no way I would have figured this all out on my own. Thank you very much for all your help!
Cebolla I have installed the 2 components to Foobar with no problems. I also installed MinimServer on the NAS and followed the installation instructions. However, this last step on the installation instructions has me puzzled: 14. If the MinimServer status page is showing the media server status as Running (Note: mine does), you should be able to see your MinimServer library in a UPnP AV control point. I'm not 100% sure what the bolded part is referring to, but I'm...
Thank you both for the information. Cebolla, you are correct in that I'm using a PC for each AVR. I have run the audio tone test on my PCs (sorry about not clarifying that I had run the audio test) and the AVRs were able to play each resolution. I did want to confirm a couple things just to make sure I understand you correctly. 1. So the setup would be NAS with MinimServer on it, each PC with the foo_UPnP plugin and using the WASAPI in Foobar? 2. I didn't realize...
Hello Everyone, Recently, I decided I wanted to be able to send (stream?) my music collection to each of my Marantz SR 6005s. Since the Marantz can't decode FLAC directly, my plan is to use Foobar on my Windows 7 PCs to play the FLAC files and send the audio to the Marantzs via HDMI. Last week I converted all my CDs to uncompressed FLAC via dBpoweramp and have ordered a NAS (Synology ds213j) which will be here on Wednesday. I currently only have one new hard drive for...
Hello everyone, I tried posting this in the ST50 thread in the plasma display forum, but am reposting here in the hopes of getting my 3D question answered. In the 3D setup menu for the Panasonic ST50, there is a single setting titled 3D Adjustment (-3 to +3). I read the online manual for this setting and tried an online search. However, I'm still unclear as to what the 3D Adjustment setting actually does to a 3D image. For example, if I select +1, am I equally...
I also use the calibrated settings instead of Game Mode and I haven't had any issues playing single player FPS games, even on expert difficulties. Whether or not to use Game Mode I think really boils down to how much you care about competitive multilpayer gaming. If you are kind of casual about it (that's how I am), then the possibility of losing a kill due to input lag (which I suspect does happen although I've never actually noticed it) is negated by the superior...
Hello everyone, I have a question regarding the 3D setup menu. Specifically, I'm not sure I'm understanding what the 3D Adjustment setting (-3 to +3) does to a 3D image. For example, if I select +1 instead of zero, am I increasing both the depth of field and how far 3d effects pops out of the TV or am I adjusting the pop up effect at the expense of the depth of field? Or is it just used to reduce crosstalk and eyestrain? If it is an adjustment for depth of field,...
Quick question to ST50 owners. If you aren't going to use any of the apps on the HDTV, is there any reason to download firmware updates? I haven't run into any problems and I'm concerned about the firmware erasing the professiinally calibrated settings.