or Connect

Posts by Phantom Gremlin

I'm just a casual reader of DSL reports. Maybe you're more in tune with what comments are reliable, etc. But I just did a quick search on your specific modem and found lots of complaints. I have bolded some of the highlights. I'm sure it varies a lot by ISP. As I said before, YMMV.The first is from an older threadhttp://www.dslreports.com/forum/r27487109-New-SB6121-Now-connection-isnt-as-reliableThat thread shows up high "sorted by relevance". Some choice snippets from the...
If you go to broadbandreports.com (nee dslreports.com) you will find extensive discussion of cable modems and the problems they have with specific providers. I've read enough horror stories there about various newer DOCSIS 3.0 modems that I'm sticking to my old purchased Motorola SB5101 DOCSIS 2.0 modem. I get 20 mbps down, 4 mbps up with it and it never locks up or needs to be rebooted. That's good enough for me. YMMV.
We might all be fanatics on this thread, but there's very very little interest in F1 in the USA. Here's an article that claims that NBC spent $3 million for the rights to F1.A snippet:NBC last year spent more than $3 million to acquire the rights to F1, ending the sport’s 17-year run on Fox-owned Speed.That's it? That's all it cost NBC?I think the only reason the rights are so cheap is that F1 viewership in the USA is a rounding error to the networks. And therefore to...
Not much activity here. I've been on Comcast for a while, but have noticed that Frontier has for some strange reason decided that it still wants to be in the TV business. Huh? If they hadn't driven me (and countless others) away with absurd price increases, they wouldn't be doing so poorly. Of course, nothing has seriously changed. According to Yahoo, Mary Agnes Wilderotter is still in charge. Here's an ad I just saw. They claim they're still in the TV business:  
I feel sorry for anyone "forced to browse through" a channel guide. I stopped doing that many years ago. I use a DVR. Specifically a TiVo brand DVR. Perhaps Comcast's are inferior, but they should be capable of basic functionality equivalent to "Season Pass". To steal from an old Ron Popeil infomercial, just "Set it, and forget it!" Because the DVR records so much, I have far too many pre-recorded shows to watch to even want to browse anymore. I dunno, maybe it's an...
If you still haven't purchased, I might be able to get you quite the deal on the 2113CI.A few weeks ago I ordered the 2112CI from EE, indirectly thru Amazon. The next day EE called me, claimed to be out of stock, and offered to sell me the 2113ci for the same price. I declined, because of a few missing features. E.g I wanted AM radio.A few days later I saw that EE was no longer Amazon's 1st vendor displayed when searching for the 2112CI. So I decided to make "one call"...
Okay, sorry I haven't logged in for a while, I know I'm responding to an old comment.IMO you'll NEVER see a live race on FOX again.Not after all the wasted time from Canada 2011, when everyone stood around for hours waiting for the rain to end, and "dozens" of F1 fanatics all around the country were glued to their seats. Anyone know what the ratings were? Perhaps 0.1?BTW I'm glad there are 4 races on FOX. I'm too cheap to pay Comcast the extra $10/mo they want for Speed TV...
BTW, Disney Channel (among most others) is "copy freely" on Comcast, so it's easy for the kids to move shows from TiVo to TiVo. The higher tier channels such as NBA TV can't be copied but those are few and far between (we don't get the real premiums such as HBO, I suspect they also can't be copied).
I hate this new forum software, so I won't be dropping in nearly as often as before. E.g. how do I quote a post I'm replying to, unless I copy/paste it myself? (Edit: found out how, just needed to enable countless Javascript). I wanted to warn Rich about an "early termination fee". I'm off contract, so I didn't have one. But they were too incompetent to cancel my service (several times) for several months, so tried to bill me over $400. (Keep track of the ID number or...
I think this needs clarification. It sounds very negative. 1) the 3313ci back panel has an "AM LOOP ANT" input. 2) the spec sheet says "AM section Tuning frequency range 530 - 1710 kHz" To me that means an "AM radio tuner". Are you trying to say it instead has an "HD radio tuner", one of whose operating modes is backward compatible with what we have known for decades to be AM aka "amplitude modulation" radio broadcasting?