or Connect

Posts by Bruce Embry

Hi all, I have been a audiophile every since I was a teenager back in the early 70's. So I have some vintage equipment purchase new and some equipment that I purchase off of EBAY. Back in high school I can remember the introduction of the Nakimachi 700 Tri-Tracer Cassette Deck. Gee I didn't have that kink of money, where talking 7 C-notes. In 1977 I landed my first real employment with GE, which give my cash to start my real enjoyment of music. At the time I had a...
Hi All, I just have to jump on this. How about all of those cord cuttings. Streaming Service and Local HDTV reception. Gee I've been doing this since 2006. Just think how much money I have saved. not paying for cable or satellite
Here's the real problem, I pay a fee to my internet service provider to provide me a certain bandwidth i.e. 10MBS. That means that what I get 24 Hours a day, 7 days a week. OK why should I be force to pay more for services like Netflix because some-one gets more greedy and whats Netflix and other pay to more for streaming data. These cost as always gets handed to the end users. It''s also known as double dipping.
Hi, I ran into the same problem and discovered that I could not decode any Netflix encoded 5.1 videos. I tried everything using my Media Center PC. I was successful in decoding Amazon Instant Video to 5.1 after installing a sound card that supported Dolby Digital Live. Decoded Amazon Instant Video involved me downloading the video and then playing back the download. Amazon Instant Video in encoded in WMA Pro. I finally upgraded the Media Center PC to Windows 8.1. ...
OK,I'm not here to bash. But the statement is complete incorrect. In my personal experience I have heard a difference in the quality of music reproduced using different amps given that everything else remain the same. The biggest difference in the amps I could hear is the reproduction of the bass frequencies. The fact is if an amplifier does not have sufficient current capability and an low damping factor is just going to sound bad.As for reproduction of high...
Happy New Year, We watched MAN OF STEEL via Windows 8.1 Video last weekend. Video was in HD 1080p and audio turn out to be PLII. I wonder if it really was 5.1 LPCM. Next movie we watch, I will change the Media Center to output 5.1 LPCM. We get Netflix movies in Super HD with DD+. using the Windows 8.1 Netflix app.
Hi, I read this thread and not surprised about these newer receivers given problems. You may be better off going the separate route. I would recommend going with Emotiva UMC-200 and one of their 5 channel power amp. Even the Outlaw Audio brand may offer better build quality. Both Emotiva and Outlaw are American brands with there engineering centers located in the US. Happy New Year.
Hi, I tried to accomplish the same thing using Windows 8.1 Netflix Metro app and Creative 5.1 Pro USB sound card. In the Netflix app, it would display 5.1 Dolby Digital Plus as an option. So I thought that the PC could decode DD+ to LPCM and then I could DDL encoding to bit-stream to my Dolby Digital / DTS decoder. When I select DD+ in the Netflix app, the computer would slow down to a craw. OK it didn't work with the Netflix app. But with Cyberlink Power DVD 10,...
From this thread, It look like the Cable Internet is the major problem, which means that you cannot blame Netflix. I just updated my Media Center PC to windows 8.1, I can watch any Netflix streams at anytime without any problems, this includes Super HD at any time. I have 8/10 Mbit DSL through CenturyLink. The problem with cable internet service is that its shared with everyone else on the cable. With DSL, its a independent line back to the TelCo. So while my...
I still stand by what I said above. Bose 901s requires a proper setup to make them sing. and they do have very good imagining. Some of the speakers that I took a listen too were Infinity, JBL, Klipsch, Magnepan, and others. I really like the big Klipsch horns, but moving those around would be impossible. When proper set up the Bose 901 do have very good imagining. The Bose 901s requires clean amplifiers.