or Connect

Posts by jayn_j

It depends on the model and vintage of your Sony receiver. Most of the newer ones will convert a component input into an HDMI/DVI output. Some of the lower end and older receivers only pass through the video and they would need you to connect both hdmi/dvi and the component cable to the TV. Look in the manual or simply try it to see if your receiver supports this upconversion.There is another issue with some older DVI only TVs. Sometimes they do not support the HDCP...
Sorry my advice didn't suit you. Did my best. Best of luck on your project. if You look at my box back in response 6, you will see that I mounted the backer board behind the 1x2 pine strips. I then notched the board and let the cord hang down. Not a final solution, but it works where I have it currently hanging. The thing is that everyone's installation is a bit different and you need to do what works for you.
To add to the mix, there is a big difference between being able to do something and being able to live with the solution. I have tried zone-2 solutions in the past and generally found them to be a PITA. The zone 2 area usually has a significant downgrade, like stereo instead of DD5.1 or reduced resolution on video, plus sharing the BluRay is a serious shortcoming in usability. Although you can turn zone 2 on and off, it never seems to be strqaightforward, and it is even...
Well, soldering is by far the best way to get a long lasting reliable connection. The other methods you mention will corrode over time. Best solutions are wire nuts and solid wiring, or the crimp type with teeth that bite into the metal.Again, I can't believe how you folks are choosing power supplies on a hope and prayer. Measure the current draw, or just overkill with the 10A supply.You don't bring the wire out the bottom. You bring it out the back where the junction...
I was wondering the same thing. When I did some similar work, I used a cap stone piece to finishThe wood strip was only to allow the stone to set and was removed a few days later. The wall was then painted. BTW, time flies. The kid in the picture is now 15. Seems like yesterdaY.
First, have you considered pushing under the baseboards on the floor instead. There are probably openings, but you can use cable covers to safely handle that. http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_sabc?url=search-alias%3Delectronics&pageMinusResults=1&suo=1367596034692#/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_0_11?url=search-alias%3Delectronics&field-keywords=cable%20floor%20cover&sprefix=cable+floor%2Celectronics%2C241&rh=i%3Aelectronics%2Ck%3Acable%20floor%20cover If it really needs to be on the...
Electricity isn't magic. It follows a strict set of rules. What is 'magic' is that you all are purchasing random power supplies from random vendors and using them to power varying numbers of strips from different vendors. You need solid numbers. The only way you are going to know for sure is to take some measurements. Head over to Radio Shack and buy a multimeter that is good to at least 10 Amps. It will cost you around $30-40 and is useful for all sorts of...
I second what jeff says (as usual). Only reason I post is that I think you will find that as soon as you hear the TV audio through the receiver, you will never want to go back to the tinny TV speakers again. Look into controlling the TV and receiver from the UVERSE remote and setting it so that the default volume and muting is applied to the receiver.
There will always be a voltage drop, simply because there is some resistance in the wire. But that is thoeretical. You are going to be drawing 5 A on wire that is rated for 15A (14 ga) or 20A (12 ga).14 Ga has a resistance of around 0.0025 ohms/ft12 Ga is 0.0015 ohms/ftSo, for a 20' run, you are talking .0025*20*2 = or 0.1 ohm. BTW, the last times 2 was because you need to figure in the return resistance as well.Now apply ohms law E=I*R 5A*0.1 OHM = 0.5V dropFor 20 Ga ...
One key is that you already own the projector. I suggest you hold off on replacing it until you have some data. First, try projecting onto a white wall from the final location. The white wall will give somewhat less than 1.0 gain, probably around 0.8. Add a small amount of ambient and see what happens. I run an Epson at about 17' from a 120" vinyl screen. I can tolerate a small amount of light as long as it isn't shining toward the screen. A big chunk of the...