or Connect

Posts by Steven Good

I bought the slick textured plastic covers used to protect patio furniture. I got three tan colored covers a Lowes. They a large enough to cover my leather home theater recliners, and thick enough to keep the cats' claws from puncturing through the covers and damaging the chairs. Best $75 I could spend (about $25 for each cover). http://www.lowes.com/pd_49831-89003-62016_0__?productId=3152321&Ntt=patio+cover&pl=1¤tURL=%3FNtt%3Dpatio%2Bcover&facetInfo= Oh.... I just...
Strange thing just happened last night. I have two TiVo units with CableCards (one Series 3 HD and a Premiere). I noticed last night that the Series 3 HD unit lost about half of the HD channels it used to have. Seems pretty random: History HD is gone, but History HD2 is still there. USA and Sci-Fi gone, but Travel is there. Most of the local affiliates are there but not CW or MyTV30. The Premiere unit is not having this issue at all--no channels missing. Do I have a...
Good to know it is holding up. Loving mine so far.
Surprised that my jar of "solid" coconut oil became nearly all liquid once I'd had the air-tight seal on the lid broken after my first batch with it. Put oil in, then turned on kettle heater/stirring bar. First sign of smoke, I added kernels. Better results than previous time. Less smoke overall, and didn't set off smoke alarm on ceiling. Thanks!
On this model one switch turns on kettle and stirring at the same time. Second switch is for light and tray warmer. But i will follow your advice: I will try putting oil in first, then heat kettle, watch for smoke, then add corn. Will report back results. Thanks!
On the third batch I've made with this unit (today for football) I decided to use coconut oil. Followed unit's written directions: let kettle heat 3-5 minutes, then turn off, add oil and kernels, then turn kettle on again. After a minute, kettle started smoking. My media room was once an attached 1-car garage. Fuse box is in room, as is a smoke alarm on ceiling near fuse box. Smoke triggered alarm, alerted alarm company, which I had to quickly call to tell them not to...
Made my first batch Thursday night for the NFL game. Loved it! I thought the specs on the website mentioned a 6 oz. kettle. But box arrived with big blurb on it touting an 8 oz. kettle. Well worth the $97 including tax I paid for it (free ship to store for pick up). This will replace a 4 oz. I picked up at Costco three or four years ago clearanced down to like $110 or so. Box said it was made by Elite, but didn't really feel any more solid than the one I just got from...
I pitched a fit and got one from Home Depot. Took a few phone calls to customer service, though. Oddly enough, the webpage the CR reps see on their end evidently still shows the sale price. Should arrive at my local store for pick up next week.
RagnaroktA: it was not you I was referring to. It was another member who "rose from the ashes"...
My Coke slides have been on the site the longest, I think. But other projects have come along over the years. Lots of slides to choose from. Your disc of my collection ships tomorrow USPS. Thanks for your interest. Steven