or Connect

Posts by HDorBust

My power level looks low: Code: Downstream Value Frequency 609000000 Hz Signal to Noise Ratio 37 dB QAM QAM256 Network Access Control Object ON Power Level 1 dBmV The Downstream Power Level reading is a snapshot taken at the time this page was requested. Upstream Value Channel ID 2 Frequency 32200000 Hz Ranging Service ID 191 Symbol Rate 5.120 Msym/s Power Level 49 dBmV after removing a splitter I improved things a bit (0-1 dBmV to solid 5...
I called and they said my uplink didn't look great, but my downstream was good. I am seeing mixed results with traceroute. weather.gov loads much more slowly as well as avsforum.com, but bestbuy.com looks better than it did. There are willing to send out a tech, but I can't take the time right now... What is the address of the cable modem? I thought it was 192.168.1.100 but that doesn't seem to work... I want to view the internal web-page to see what kind of values I...
Internet access went down after midnight (transition from Monday to Tuesday). Since it has come back up, the internet access has been abysmal for loading web pages. Almost as slow as with a 3G network. Note also that if you had a two package bundle with cable / Internet, you are now paying al-la-carte. Check your bills. The best deal seems to be triple play, but the bill still goes up at least $10 (as opposed to over $40). However, it might be worth dumping...
FYI: I have updated the base note with the current HD channel lineup. If you decide to have cable-cards installed in your TiVo, make sure that they specify single-stream or multi-stream on the work-order. It would also be good to have the tech call you before they come out to verify that they have the correct type of cards (and preferably a few extras). I requested two multi-stream cable cards (going into two HD TiVos). The first tech came out with one that didn't...
Has anyone gotten a multi-stream cable card for their HD Tivo?
See the base note. The ones that list QAM are transmitted in the clear.
(I have updated the base note with the following, if it needs any corrections, please let me know) Comcast is currently offering the following HD channels in NH for previous Adelphia customers: -- -tier- description 704 CBSHD -- 112-1 - + -- WBZ-DT -- Boston, MA 705 ABCHD -- 112-2 - + -- WCVB-DT - Boston, MA (01/14/05) 707 NBCHD -- 112-3 - + -- WHDH-DT - Boston, MA 709 ABCHD -- 113-2 - + -- WMUR-DT - Manchester, NH 711 PBSHD -- 113-3 - + -- WENH-DT - Durham, NH 725...
from: http://www.spaceflightnow.com/ Failure strikes Proton launch of U.S. satellite A problem during the second of three planned firings by the Breeze M upper stage has caused tonight's launch of AMERICOM 14 communications spacecraft to end in failure. A Russian Proton rocket launched from Baikonur Cosmodrome at 7:18 p.m. EDT (2318 GMT). The Proton lower three stages fired during the first 10 minutes of ascent, then deployed its Breeze M upper stage to begin a...
The following site doesn't work: http://spaceflight.nasa.gov/realdata/sightings/
FYI: My HP PC that I bought a couple months ago came with an HDTV ATSC/QAM Tuner (Hauppauge WinTV HVR-1800 (Model 78xx). I didn't realize it had QAM until just when I looked in the Vista Device Manager (no cable card, however).