or Connect

Posts by Sheridan1952

If it's what's I'm picturing in my feebled brain, it acts a shield for the color wheel, both from anything inside as well as some measure of containment should the wheel come apart and start slinging glass shards. Other that that, I can think of no reason you can't remove it.
Well, you were not clear on that, your post led us to believe otherwise. Anyway, that's one really good reason for taking the sound directly from the source, something we usually recommend.
Not sure why you expected anything better. The audio in any projector is marginal, barely suited for a board meeting. This projector is no exception. Only 2 tiny speakers and 3 watts! Most of us here know that if you want decent sound you have to have a separate sound system.
Sorry , it looks more like the image processor is failing. I don't believe the color wheel can cause what you're seeing, especially since you say it's fine when first turned on and the lamp DEFINITELY cannot do that.
No, it definitely ISN'T a good idea. I asked because the chamber "sealed", but in reality, there are seams and cracks that dust can penetrate. What happens a lot however, is someone will take canned air and blast the area where the lamp was and invariably, that drove the dust into the chamber. In other words, they created their own problems. And the ONLY way to clean the dust out is to open the projector. So if you didn't, then it got there on it's own.
Regarding trying to read the lamp. there are no filaments INSIDE the lamp so a meter test is useless. The only VISUAL indications that the lamp has failed would be if it popped, otherwise, there is NO way to tell if a lamp is good or not other than trying it in the projector. You had to have missed something when you reassembled it.
That's good. I could not find any guides to help you. I gotta ask though, have you used canned air on your projector, specifically, in the lamp chamber? Because where the dust blob is most likely to be is not easily fouled with dust.
Depends on how comfortable you are in taking it apart. The dust is going to be inside the imaging chamber on the internal optics.
Does the image come up in color and THEN go Black & White, or is it Black & White ALL the time? If the first case, then you have an image processor problem and there's nothing you can do for it except send it in for repair. And that is very expensive and not worth it. If the second case, the color wheel has failed, that's still a repair but nowhere near as expensive as the first.
First, if you have ANYTHING on the screen, the lamp is fine. It's ONLY function is to provide light and it's doing that, so don't waste your time or money on a new one. Second, those tiny mirrors you read about (actually, there are hundreds of thousands of them, they're microscopic) are NOT in the lamp. They are part of the imaging chip. And that looks like where the problem is. Hard to tell from the image, but it appears that the imaging display chip has been damaged...