or Connect

Posts by Rob Relf

Well, even though Sony's email support was no help I tried their phone support and they suggested resetting the tv to factory defaults. This is done by holding the "up" button on the remote and powering off the tv with its power button on the side while continuing to hold the button on the remote until the set comes on again. This puts everything in the state it was in when you took it out of the box. I had to go through and make all the adjustments again to my...
I didn't post this in the thread for this model because it is so huge and looks pretty dead. I use this tv as a monitor for my HTPC connected to the VGA port (video 7) and some time back a problem started where "Video 7 PC" keeps popping up randomly on the screen for a few seconds. I tried another video card, no difference. It doesn't seem to correspond to any particular screen activity, will even do it on a static image. I found a post somewhere that said a different...
I am preparing to roll my own HD DVR and I have been experimenting by connecting my notebook's monitor output to the Sony's VGA input. It seems to work fine, connecting at 1360x768 and playing HD video files I have downloaded. The problem is that the source popup at the top left corner keeps annoyingly coming on and saying "Video 7 PC" even though there is clearly a signal from the notebook. It seems to vary a little in frequency but we are talking about every 10 or 20...
My camera was a Nikon Coolpix 3100 and it instantly froze when connected to the TVs USB port. I can't get the set to see a usb drive and I would still like to hear from others that have made this work. Rob
I posted previously about how my Nikon was killed simply by connecting to the USB port of my new KDL-V40XBR1. I have since seen online posts from people who have had success conncecting other brands of cameras, also USB drives. I loaded a drive with some photos following strictly the folder naming and structure and file naming shown in the Sony's manual but as with my camera, the drive is not detected in any way. I would like to hear from anyone that has connected a...
I did read the manual but I admit I didn't turn off the set before connecting the camera. But after all, USB ports are designed for hot-plugging things, at least on computers. My camera always worked perfectly until that moment. Even if my camera is not a Sony, it should not be damaged by this action in my opinion. (so far I also think that the camera's firmware was corrupted) Rob
At least that's the way it looks. I connected my Nikon Coolpix 3100 that has always worked perfectly to the USB port and the TV said it was not detected. At that point the camera was locked up, had to pull the batteries to power off. Now all I get on the camera's display is "lens error" or "system error". The Sony manual says that the USB port is compatible with Sony cameras, but no way should it ruin a different brand camera! I have only had the Sony for one day and...
I bought one of these as a demo unit with less than 250 hours on it over 4 years ago and I have always been very happy with it. It displays 1080i very crisply with an RGBHV input and the colors are saturated and true. I tried 1080i with component and it showed pronounced streaking across the image with 2 different sources and different cables. I don't know if this only affects my unit or all of them. If someone has had better luck with component or knows the solution...
Well, I'm about to start a thread asking for some help on it-- the skimpy manual doesn't say what should appear on the front panel display, but mine is dark at all times, never shows anything. Also, I can't seem to get any output from the analog part of the DVI connection at 1080i. Rob
Since Extremephono had no v880dx's in stock, I ordered on Monday from Atacom and received the player on Thursday. $249 + $8 shipping. Double-boxed and all! It seems to be defective, but that is another matter. Rob