or Connect

Posts by Dmiraclejr

Do I need to make a new thread? Really now I guess I'm interested in the brightest (for daytime) non- DLP projector that also looks great at night (good blacks, colors) and is say
Since I think I am in the market for a non DLP at this point with the same criteria in the original post what would be recommended? I don't really want to start another thread so am asking here. I am now looking at the Epson 8350, Epson 8700 again (already tried but a little lacking in daytime brightness) or maybe the LG CF181D. Maybe moving a little bit away from the original backup intent but at least will have two projectors for when one goes down. Darn those...
Well I watched 2 parts of the Hatfields and Mcoys last night and figured out two things. One, that series with a calibrated W1200 looks absolutely amazing (grayscale nirvana) except for #2. No. 2 is that I definitely see rainbows. So much so that it is very distracting to an otherwise beautiful picture. I saw the RBE with just about every blink of my eyes and any time I moved my eyes to look at a particular place on the 120" screen. I tried to move my eyes slowly as...
Thanks for the info on the two projector setup. I will have to give my wife a year or two to get used to the one projector. By then maybe the perfect single projector will be out but who knows. Thanks again for that info. By the way I have had a full day with the W1200 and once I figured out I needed to up the hdmi amp to 3 everything has looked good. I do think I am somewhat susceptible to rainbows though. During the day no rainbows but at night with no lights, at...
No, I guess to be more clear I am looking for a nice second, reasonably priced projector. The new projector may become the main tv or just a back up. It depends on which one we like better. Ultimately I expect to buy an Epson 5010 class projector or have a two projector set up and keep either the Panasonic or BenQ as the backup. But for now which ever of two currently owned projectors we like better will become the main tv and the other the backup. Sorry if I did not...
@ Coderguy: Thanks for your informed input. I was hoping to draw a response from you. I looked at the 720p 3D projectors and noticed that with most if not all of them I would have to move my ceiling mount further away from the screen to get the 120" diagonal needed. I don't relish the thought getting back up there and moving things around or explaining to my wife why I need to make another whole in the ceiling. My wife does not like 3D at all so I would have to be...
I really like the Panasonic. Very bright and looks good even with all the lights on and some light coming from outside. At night move the mode to REC709 and it looks good there too. I originally tried an Epson 8700ub which looks fantastic with no lights at night but I felt really lacked the horse power for the 50% of the time we have ambient light flying around the room. Overall the Panasonic gave us the least compromises in one projector for both night and day...
The silence is deafening!! Maybe I will just yield to the voices I hear and get the Epson 5010!
No replies yet and another question Coderguy's elite projector calculator figures that with the Pro8200 after 500 hours on the bulb that I will still have a whopping 26 FL while viewing at night. I know I could use a neutral filter to knock it down but would rather not take it off and on for day and night use. Would this be a problem for night watching? Thanks again.
I need to send in my 4 month old Panny ar100u to be serviced due to a pink tinting of the left half the screen. We use this projector as our main TV and waiting a week+ for the return will not do. I want to get a back up anyway. Actually the Panny may become the backup. We will be using the backup in these conditions: 50% day and 50% night viewing 60 % HDTV, 30% Movies, 10% sports, 0% gaming Cathedral ceiling mount so can mount high if needed Mounted at 13 ft...