or Connect

Posts by Justin

I also thought the v6600 would have the "good" hdtv connector, but the specs say VIP 1.0 . I do not use the v6600 for dvd playback yet, its in my desktop computer right now running win2k and I love it. My HTPC is much to slow for software dvd , so it is currently running a 3dfusion card.
It seems that there has been some confusion in this forum as to the HDTV connector that everyone wants on their video card. The DVI (Digital Video Interface) is an output interface to hook up fixed pixel devices like lcd screens to the card, its the joystick type connector next to the vga connector on the back of the card. What everyone really need to look for I believe is if the card has a VIP (Video Input Port?) 2.0 interface , this would be a double row of pins on the...
I have thoroughly explored the ali driver, chipset issue long ago and have found that with the revision "A" of my chipset that no driver will probably ever fix tha dma issue, they say you must have at least revision "C" and I believe the are up to about an "F" now. Anyway is doesnt matter I have disabled the onboard ide all together and I am now using the promise controller. The reinstallation thing still bugs me I would like to explore other options, because in that case...
I have had a 3DFusion card for some time now, it has been running on a 200mhz mmx pc with 64 megs of ram with Win98 and Mediaware 99 (4338). Its been great even though I cannot enable dma on my toshiba 1202 dvd drive with the early revision of the ali alladdin chipset I have on the MB. Its seems though recently something has changed, it now "stutters" in some dvds in complex scenes with alot of movement. One dvd that sticks out is The Haunting, with those exterior panning...
or if you have an early ALI Aladdin V chipset revison like me, be sure to purchase a promise or siig pci controller, cause Ali no likey DMA until rev C. http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/frown.gif
I did read your excellent article on big screen computer montiors. Ahh, if only I had a chance at the Sony presentation monitor - all gone http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/frown.gif. Anyway my ideal display right now would be a multisync 16:9 montior >=50" that can be used in a well lit room and can do 1920X1080p natively, and of course vga in. A person can dream can he?
I have looked at the 36" RCA to, and looks like a nice set, but the tube is very convex and that bugs me when I compare it to my 36" Toshiba which has an almost completely flat tube. Did you mention that the set would accept 1024x768 even though its specs only state 800x600 max?
I have seen some posts recently commenting on the 36" direct view RCA and ProScan sets with computer inputs, but there has been no mention of the RCA rear projection sets with similar specs. Has anyone seen one of them or have any comments about them? I am very interested in something larger than a 36" that has vga in, but not a front projector http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif. btw here is a link to the sets info:...