or Connect

Posts by Justin

You and I do seem to be looking for the same thing. Most TV Tuner manufacturers and recording software publishers seem to have the windows visual desktop mentality. I being a enterprise server software designer by day, I tend to think of "headless" windows service type senarios, with separate visual clients than can run locallly or remotley. They also seem to think no one would want more than one capture card in the same system, hense the audio patch situation, not...
Just out of curiosity what capture chip does the PVR 250 use, is it a bt8x8 and is it compatible with dscaler? I also wonder if the yet to be released pvr 350 will use the new Conexant chip instead? Right now I would be really happy with a CX2388x based board that does pci audio and has a good tuner. Actually the perfect board would be a capture board that could tuner analog and digital cable and perhaps HiDef and sat., and hardware encode Windows Media Video 9, and...
I read all the specs from Conexant, and teh CX2388x looks like a great improvement over the bt8x8. First thing I looked for was audio capabilities :). I ask some guy in this forum who had a MSI@Tvanywhere which uses this chipset if he had to run an analog patch, and he did :(. Damn, are they just to lazy to compile the Conexant reference audio capture drivers or something, probably worse they simply didnt make the audio patch traces from the tuner to the chip or...
Umm WTF are you talking about? If it goes into your sound card the same measly 1500Kbps of pcm sound will go over the same PCI bus as the video anyway(except of course it makes a detour over a 6 inch analog cable first). Even if it didnt what is 1500Kbps going to do to the 133MBps pci bus, when the raw video only takes about 25MBps at the most? Justin Quote: Originally posted by e vey > it just seems wrong< Wrong to keep the Bus open for Video use...
I didnt think the 848 had audio capability, only the 878? Also even on the 878's most cards have the audio physically disabled. Which Hauppauge cards can do this, I know I havent seen any way to do it with my WinTV stero. Doesnt it just bother any of you that there is an analog patch cable on the back of your computer, its like listening to cd audio over that weeny cable from the cd drive instead of doing DAE, it just seems wrong. Not to mention having to mute the line...
At my office we use both Windows Messenger and Exchange Conference server. Messenger on XP is awesome for open mic in a conference room because of the software echo cancellation, it blows away the best speaker phones with a logitech quick cam 3000's mic. Only thing is you cant resize the video, but otherwise this has to be the best VC software I have used. Conference server is really nice with headsets, and outlook, because its multicast with multiple video and...
Sorry I didnt read your post properly, you do want control of the console, just needs to be fast and visible at the time :), hopefully MS will remove the blanking limitation, although the remote assistance in WinXP I belive is based on RDP and does not blank the console. .Net server might work too although I cant remeber if it blanks the console at this time. Citrix I believe fucntion just like full terminal services, giving you a separate desktop from the console. Justin
Terminal Service is based on Citrix code that MS licensed. If I read your post correctly, why don't you try Win2k server with Treminal Services? It gives you 2 CALs by default for 2 simultaneous remote sessions, and terminaling into a Win2k server gives you a new session, it does not take over the console. .Net server actually lets you choose whether to get a new session or take over the console. Justin
I am pretty sure the latest patch of powerdvd xp fixes the terminal services issue on Win2k as I had that problem a while back and resolved it. Unfortunately that computer is now Win XP and I cant confirm. The RDP 5.1 protocol in WInXP is the one that supports 24bit color and audio redirection, Win2k has 5.0 and therefore doesnt support those things. IMHO RDP(Terminal Services) is superior to VNC or PCAnywhere, and as a side note .Net server Terminal services lets...
What brand is this card that records the audio digitally? I have been searching for this for some time and have come up empty, at leat for one that has a tuner and is not a hardware mpeg encoding engine? Justin