or Connect

Posts by BobPlank

Thanks for the reply. Yep, 1266 hours total. I would find it hard to believe there would be any wear on the tubes. Whats the best way to verify tube condition?
Hi folks. It's been a long time since I've visited this forum. Several years ago I purchased an XG135LC, a Stewart Luxus/SR-1 92" 16:9 Studiotek 130 Electriscreen, and a Rock processor. I had Jeff Bryngelson out to install and calibrate, and turn down the brightness for the initial break-in. Everything was awesome! I put about 1266 hours on the projector before we found out that we were expecting another son and decided to move/buy a new home. Since then,...
Hi guys, I'm in Park Ridge. (Next to O'hare) Keep me in mind if you organize anything... Regards, Bob Current setup includes: NEC XG135LC Rock Scaler Stewart Studiotek 130 110" (16:9) M&K S150THX system Denon AVR5800 Sony DVP S9000ES DVD/SACD Phillips DSR6000 DirecTivo RCA DTC100 for HD
I like Rock and Roll, prefer my whisky on the Rocks, and have a Rock in my A/V cabinet. ;-)
Scaler (TAW Rock)
Thanks for the feedback guys. Chris, I think this "star ground" model is basically the same as I was thinking. As I have researched this method on various web sites today, it is odd how some people prefer this method, and others consider it a trade off that leads to some other potential issues. I'm starting to wonder if there really is a set in stone "best possible elite" type of configuration for this wiring... Opinions seem to vary. Rob, my house is a split level...
Alas, I live in a house that is some 45 years old. I wish the walls were unfinished. It would make it a lot easier. I guess at this point I'm just looking for reassurance that I am doing the wiring correctly...
Scott, That circuit will also be used for some mood lighting as well as a fiber optic "Star light" effect ceiling. I do have the blackout shades, but they are not motorized at this tme. Those will be future projects... I guess you could call it long term security on my marriage. ;-) Bob [This message has been edited by BobPlank (edited 06-26-2001).]
OK, I've searched through the archives trying to get clarification on this, but can't seem to find it. I'm in the middle of running the wire for my home theater. I'll lay out what I think I need to do, and hopefully you can tell me if something is flawed or if it is sound. I'm adding 3 new 20amp circuits to my breaker box. One circuit for most of the A/V equipment, one for my CRT projector, and the last for the Stewart screen. I have a short run of Sealtite going from...
Hehe, funny how this works. I knew from the start that it would be an up hill battle, but it has turned out kind of like a game of chess. husband and wife, battleing it out on the home theater front. We too had a "conversation" about home theater seating. My wife wouldn't have anything to do with theater type reclining seats. She wanted more traditional furniture. a.k.a loveseats We compromised and got not only a reclining loveseat, but 3 recliner/rockers. What...