or Connect

Posts by brianlvi3

Ah, never thought of that, thanks so much. I will try it tonight when I get home. Brian
Hey guys, I have a few month old Epson 5020, ceiling mounted PJ with an approx 90 inch screen. PJ is mounted dead center on the screen and just about even with the top of the screen, give or take. I installed it a few months ago but really have not had a chance to use it much. Now I am noticing that the picture looks crooked on the bottom, but not the top? My screen is 16:9 and with a 2:35 movie in, the top is even but the bottom looks crooked like the PJ is slanted. I...
I was looking for some side by sides with this amp, can't really find much. How would this amp do against the Outlaw Audio 7500. $900.00 vs. $1500.00 is quite a bit of a gap. Is the Outlaw that much better? Can anyone tell me the differences? Thanks.
I just do not have anymore space in my rack for a second amp. I need to find one amp that i will fall in love with as I did with the Outlaw.
Thanks for the input guys. Just wondering how much better the Outlaw 7500 at nearly twice the price is then the Emotova?? $900.00 vs. $1500.00 is quite a difference. They seem to have similar stats. I do feel that maybe the Marantz is going to be a bit too weak for me. I am driving 5 older Klipsch speakers. The Outlaw amp worked great right up until the day I started to get a bad hum/buzz in my system which I never had. went through hell to finally think it is the amp. I...
Hey guys, I have the Outlaw Audio 7700 amp since 2006. Seems to have a problem and although I will most likely bring it in to get repaired, I have been looking for a new amp. I do not need 7 channels like I have on the 7700, I had purchased it in the hopes that I would run a 7.1 but I am sticking with 5.2. I have been trying to find some reviews on the forum for these amps but it is not working out too well. Just wondering if anyone had any opinions on these 3 amps and...
Here is something else that is happening. I have a Stewart electric screen with a 12 volt trigger. I use one of the 12 volt outputs out of the Marantz to trigger the screen. I pulled the 12 volt plug out of the Marantz and the hum got much softer in the rear right speaker. I left it unplugged and touched the 12 volt wire at the screen, went to pull it out, a small static charge hit the screen casing and the hum came back. So now i can make the hum go and come with static...
Thanks guys, let me ask this. Why is the hum only coming out of one speaker and why when I touch only that one HDMI cable to the back of the Marantz, does the buzz stop? Then I can plug the HDMI cable back in, and the noise stays away still. Shut if off and turn it on, noise is back? Everything is on one circuit. Thanks.
Has anyone ever encountered anything like this?? Thanks.
Hey guys, I have an XBox 360, Samsung cable box, PS3, Nintendo WII, Sony ES CD player, Oppo 103, Outlaw Audio 7700 amp, Toshiba 50 inch DLP TV, Epson 5020 and a Marantz AV7005 all running into 2 Panamax 5300's. The 3 new components are the Epson PJ, Oppo 103 and Marantz 7005 which I nstalled a few months ago. They replaced a panny PJ, Pioneer BDP51 and Outllaw 990 Pre. With the old system I never had anything more then a slight hum. Right before I added in the new...