or Connect

Posts by Doug O

None that I know of. The Pioneer 510 has a copy disc feature but according to reports on this forum, the PQ on that unit is inferior to the Panasonics. You'll just have to determine if it's a feature you absolutely can't live without and take it from there...
I don't know how it might go over for big ticket items but Wal-Mart usually just does an over-the-counter exchange if the item is defective within a year of purchase. I've done this with items that had a 90 day warranty but I took back to Wal-Mart after 6 months of use and still got a new unit. I bought a Norcent DP-300 a few weeks back.The first one was defective (wouldn't power up) so they gave me another as an exchange. Friends of mine also had one for 3 months and when...
Use the divide segment after recording what you need. Example: 5 pieces recorded in a 1 hour period. Use divide to split 1st segment leaving 4 on the 2nd segment, then repeat with each segment until you have what you want. The result will be 5 segments each that can be named and high speed dubbed.
I don't need timers on my set up. The Dishplayer 7100, being a PVR records to it's own HDD and the BEV 4500C has internal timers that let me change the channel on the IRD. I just set the E80 timer for each program length and let the IRD change the channel for me. Sadly, this function seems to be missing on most modern IRDs (like my BEV 2700)...
The interference problem wasn't cleared up by equipment placement? That's what I had to do with the E80, move some components around and voila! No more interference. I'm still studying the Pioneer 510. I have to base much on the demo unit at the store where I am but I'm hoping one of my friends buys one so I can do an in-depth comparison and test. The problems with the HDD are addressed in The Pioneer 510 manual so it's not just a problem with the Pannys. There is actually...
Not the 310 or 510...
I'll have to try that. My old Matsushita 8583 played the old version of RAM. I haven't tried it with a -RW yet...
I use mainly branded Maxell 2X in both the Pioneer A05 computer burner and the Panasonic E80. I've yet to have problems using this media with my own equipment, including playing them in 7 players I own. Of course, they are quite a bit more expensive than Optodisc...
This may be a poor media to use with standalones. Many PC DVD burners also don't like them (according to dvdrhelp). People buy them because they are cheap to purchase. Buyer beware with these types of media on standalones it seems...
I find the manual vague in some areas, namely if it keeps the thumbnails once the disc is finalized in Video mode or not. The whole Video and VR modes are going to confuse the hell out of the buying public. It's very confusing to read in the manual. Some things I like about this deck: Can group programs on HDD by content Can undo changes in some editing functions (depending upon the format, whether VR or Video Mode) Can undo a finalized -RW Audio In level...