or Connect

Posts by Doug O

You can of course just check the list of players at dvdrhelp and check the boxes for the features you want in the DVD Player list and let it give you a list from which you can make your selection. Just a thought...
Not yet but Pioneer is much slower than Panasonic at updating their websites...
I would assume this would work as you want with the Pioneer 510 using the COPY function so long as the original DVD was not copy protected. The recorder will do a lossless dub to the hard drive that can then be high speed (4X) copied back to another DVD-R. At least that's what it says in the manual...
Compatability with the rewriteable formats is still hit or miss. I bought a Malata 393 player in August which will shut down completely if a -/+RW is put into it and you attempt to play it. There are others that have been released in the past few months that have even less capablility. A friend bought one the other day that absolutely refused to play any of the +R discs he burned on his LG DVD burner. Back it went. At least the new RCA DVD players that should be out in the...
Quote: Originally posted by Troy LaMont There are a lot of summaries on this DVD recorder forum. You can do a search to find comparisons. I'm still going for the E100 and I highly recommend it over your two choices on feature set alone. If you'd ask me in a nutshell; Pioneer Pros (compared to the E80)Firewire input Faster hi-speed dubbing (24X) MPEG encoder (although unverified, mostly hearsay) Pioneer ConsPricey! Not the 510...it's comparable to...
I didn't buy the unit but I can play with the demo at the store. Some things that are on it that aren't on the E80: Can copy DVD-R/-RW to the hard drive losslessly (digitally) Has a 4X burner DV in and out As to the functionality, I'll have to play with it and do some tests according to the info you have requested. I'll try to get back to you on it as soon as possible...
You cannot edit content withthe Tivo unit, so I hope you like commercials with your recordings. A better option might be to look at the Pioneer 510 or the Panasonic E100. Newer models may have what you want but many like the Sony with HDD and Ethernet won't be out here til well after the new year.
I'll check but I don't think either my Dishplayer 7100 or BEV 4500C (which I use because of it's ability to change channels with built-in timers) will allow me to change the format of the output display. The boxes are just too old for that. Guess I'll have to get some RAM disks and a new DVD-ROM drive and start transferring to the computer. That or get a newer TV set (which I need anyway)...
Time for me to check with my service shop friends who would be doing the repairs on my E80 and ask them...
I've been reading the manual from the US/Canada NTSC version and playing with the machine. What would you like to know?