or Connect

Posts by Doug O

Using DVD-RAM, yes...
I want to remove the menu when I make a copy of my E80 DVD-R on the PC. What software allows me to do this? Too bad the "first play" option wasn't included in the E80 as it is with the E100. Sorta makes you wonder what Panasonic was thinking at the time...
You wanted Canadian sources and prices, then you buy from a US source? Why would you then bother with Canadian sources since it's much cheaper to buy USA for your DVD recorder? That saying though, I bought my E80 in Canada for $999CAD + tax ($1149CAD), so shop around. You can get the E100 out of the USA for a couple hundred $$ more though if you check some prices online or through this site...
Go here: http://www.panasonic.ca select: English select: Downloads put in "dmre" as the model number... The sorted list should have the E80 and E100 though I belive the E100 is the UK version... The French versions are also available by using this method... Doug O
I doubt it but haven't tried it. My Malata 393 won't play any re-recordable format, either + or - RW without shutting down.
I don't know about the E100 but the E80 is here: http://www.pasc.panasonic.com/OperMa...cd2=1066879196
I own the Panasonic E80. The Toshiba is unavailable where I am. If you want optimum PQ, then why are you recording/burning to the lowest speed? I have used XP, SP and FR and love all 3 depending on the material that I am using as a source. Best PQ regardless of the recorder is going to be on the highest bitrate setting (ie. 1 hour of material onto a DVD-R) which I have been using for live sporting events. The picture is superb, much better than anything I ever captured...
I blew $400CAD on the 1.0 ADS Instant DVD for which I was offered a very minor rebate if I "upgraded" to the 2.0 when it came out. I no longer deal with ADS products. The 1.0 unit had lots of problems though it did work okay on some systems. I haven't even touched mine for over a year. Once I bought the ATI All In Wonder 7500, I never looked back at an external box solution...
I don't have cable TV so how do I get the E80 to not default to the setup screen on start-up? It's very annoying...
I did some wrasslin' the other day in SP and it very blocky in most motion scenes as well as scenes with motion in the forground and background at the same time. XP seems much better but since I'm using Maxell Branded DVD-R which cost $3.00CAD each, it's very expensive. Still trying to figure out what I did wrong. Anyone tried FR if they know the length of a program? How about adjusting the settings for noise reduction, etc.? The pic off the HDD looks great. It's when it...