or Connect

Posts by garyttu

Looks like i'll check out MPC-HC+madVR. Thanks for your help!
All, I recently built a new HTPC with an i3-3225/HD4000 and use WMC (LiveTV-Ceton along with media browser). All is working well, except the video stutters/judders every so often for bluray high quality rips. On this particular content, I have to manually switch the refresh rate in Intel's video control panel to 23/24hz to remove the issue. Everything else works fine at 59/60hz. Is there a way to have the HD4000 detect these type of streams in WMC/mediabrowser and...
Thanks for the response. If you look higher in the thread you can see some pictures indicating that there are vents in the exact locations I would have to place the 2x4s, so I cannot properly support them. Otherwise, that would have been the best method.In any case, i'm pretty convinced to go with option 2 in my illustration above. Using the chains will actually make mounting much easier and I can recess it enough so that its just as flush with the ceiling. A couple 2x4s...
What about this? The screen comes with a hook hanging option (1 hook at each end). I could use it to hang like this- Side view: Any thoughts? Which option is more stable? I could even recess the hooks past the drywall so that the whole unit is flush. Assuming I get the right chain/hook hardware, I would assume that a single 2x4 (sideways) or 4x4 would support the chain being wrapped around it just fine...
I think the problem with that is- if I move it back- it is right behind the vents then and airflow goes directly onto the screen (not sure if that will cause any movement/waves. If I move it forward, its pretty far out into the room (it already is out a good couple feet to go in front of some furniture.
It is actually going to be hung on the ceiling (non-recessed). A new issue that has come up, is that in order to align the screen in the center of the room/wall, the ends have to line up with a pair of air vents on the ceiling which prevent a cross joint/bridge to be inserted where they are needed. There are current 2x4s on both sides of the vent (one shown in the first photo) but they are not braced in except for just nails (probably since they are only holding the vents...
I have a ceiling mounted projector screen that i'm planning to mount myself (with help), its about 80lbs. and about 114" long. It comes with a mount plate on each end with 4 screw holes on each side (represented by X in the layout below). I want to mount it as shown on a ceiling: I was just going to get 2 2x4s and some strong-tie joist hangers (fastened with wood screws) to connect each joist perpendicularly in line with each set of Xs. Then I would use wood screws to...
Do either of you use it in ambient light and feel the HCCV offers an advantage?
I'm going to be getting this projector in the next couple of months for use on a 106" screen, 14' throw, in a living room area (some ambient light, light walls/ceiling - can be fairly well controlled, but not eliminated). Does anyone have experience with the Dalite HCCV screen material and this projector? I'm trying to get opinions as to whether it would be a good match for this projector and my room....If not, i'm open to suggestions. Thanks in advance...
I want to be able to use this projector for gaming and 3D gaming (using Nvidia GTX-680s and 3Dplay) through Steam Big Picture mode. The biggest thing holding me back from going with the EPSON 5020UB over the Sony 50ES is the input lag concerns. For those who play extensive games with the 5020UB, do you have any thoughts? I have more ambient light and the EPSON is less expensive than the Sony, so i'd gravitate towards the Epson if it could handle gaming right....