or Connect

Posts by garyttu

Anyone know of cheap alternatives to the firehawk for DIY screen material? I have 1.0 gain white material I got 3 years ago off ebay and stretched it onto a homemade frame and has worked fine using a plz-z2. Now I want to find the cheapest 1.3+ gain, grey material so I can do the same on another frame so I can get some more punch and contrast out of this projector. I'm not really interested in giving paint a try... Found trader128's stuff on ebay (example: item...
I'm auditioning speakers knowing that I can pickup a new pair of B&W CM6's in the 1400 dollar range... Does anyone have any alternative suggestions for speaker brands/models that will perform just as well or better than the CM6 for that price range? I'd consider even stepping up slightly in cost if the performance ratio is really there... maybe 2-300... Definately want floorstanders though...
how do these 683s sound compared to the old CM6's? I have the opportunity to get CM6's at 1299 brand new...but I almost want to consider this new line if they sound just as good....
I currently have owned a Sanyo plv-z2 for 3 years...I'm looking at upgrading because I find its performance lacking in: - Contrast - Brightness - Vertical Banding I know the Z5 can be had for 1200 after rebate which is a very tempting price. However, would it be foolish at this point not to just wait for 1080p (perhaps the z6 will be) once it gets into the $2000 price point? I guess I want to know from those who have seen both the z2 and z5 in action if the z5...
This is my room config: http://www.nwrep-intrepid.com/roomconfig2.jpg The rear speakers have not been mounted in that pic...Given that my seating it too close to the side wall, what is the best surround placement for this room? Right now I have them in the corners facing inward at an angle towards the center seating 2-3 feet above ear level... I was considering that or just straight rear wall mounting them like shown in the picture. Either of those work better...
Assuming I go with #2, are the rear speaker locations the best available for the room? (I am assuming a 2-3 ft above ear level - i'm more referring to the placement on the rear wall - the side wall seems tough since its so close the the seating)...
Quote: Originally Posted by McCall I like two better but how far is the line of sight from the screen? and how big a screen is it going to be? Well the screen is 92x52 (106" diag)... however, I could switch it out for an RPTV at 60-70" diag if that means #1 works better...I'm more concerned about the sound factor...
In my new house, I have no choice but to divide up an L-shaped room into 2 rooms (one for an office, and the other for my home theater)... Here are my two possible Room configs (I know both of them kinda suck): 1) http://www.nwrep-intrepid.com/roomconfig1.jpg - Screen is 7'8" wide (could downsize my screen to bring the speakers closer together and lessen the viewing angle) - L/R Speakers are roughly 8-9 ft apart - Seating is at about 9-10 feet from L/R...
I have a friend that wants to set up 2 '4-speaker' zones in 2 different rooms that are somewhat connected. Is it possible to run this all off of 1 reciever? Some requirements and comments: - It does not need to play different sources on each zone at the same time. Both zones will output from one source. - He would like volume control in each zone (The ability to turn down volume in one zone and up another). Should I just suggest that he go with a 7.1...
Yeah i'm starting to be convinced that this tape makes for a poor border without some sort of extra adhesive like the ones mentioned above... I'll pull my screen off the wall when I get the chance and try some of the glue mentioned above (I assume its at HD/lowe's?)... Other then that I don't see any solution... RichP, let me know if a blowdryer works! I was considering trying a clothes iron on a low setting as well...