or Connect

Posts by htwaits

Thanks for the information. In our area we get short drops in our Comcast connection at least once a night. The drops don't seem to have had an adverse effect on a Roku/Acorn connection for SD TV sourced material.I do have a lot of problems watching NFL games on our computer using the NFL Network Rewind service during the day. I think I'm going to hold off on trying to stream from Netflix for a while longer.
It's post number one which, of course is in page number one. Sorry for the HTML error in previous attempts.
Thanks for posting your calibration comments. I've added a link to your post in the flat panel (post number two) lists that are linked in the signature area at the bottom of my post.If you have further comments to make about your audio or video calibration, it would be great if you could use the edit command to add them to your original post. Enjoy.
I've read all the owner's comments on their professional calibrations done by calibrators active here at AVS. Your comment is probably the most common reaction written about in their reports. I should have kept a tally. Post number two in the thread linked in the signature area at the bottom of my post has links to all the flat panel reports that I've linked over the past few years.
Our Fry's has the LG on display behind a decorative chain fence. They also have a "Please Do Not Touch" sign attached to the fence.
Thanks for posting your calibration comments. I've added a link to your post in the flat panel (post number two) lists that are linked in the signature area at the bottom of my post.If you have further comments to make about your audio or video calibration, it would be great if you could use the edit command to add them to your original post. Enjoy.
The 103D has two HDMI inputs that you can use for other input devices like a cable box or a Roku. You can connect the two output HDMI ports to an AVR or directly to a TV. The manual, which has a section on device connections, can be downloaded from the OPPO site, and you can read the FAQ that's linked in the first post of this thread.If you're more clear about what you want to do, it will improve your chance of getting good advice.
I have corrected 20-20 vision and I have to be closer than five feet to see any screen door effect on 1080p plasma, 720p DLP or 1080p OLED. The next time I'm at Fry's I'll stick my nose about two feet from the A9800 to see if I notice anything.
Do you have unusual vision -- better than 20 -- 20?