or Connect

Posts by JohnnyG

Good gravy...here we go again! If DVD is encoded at 24p, that WHAT exactly are you FLAGGING?? DVDs are encoded on the disc in 480i. Period. End of discussion. The simple fact is that because the source is 24p, there is all the information necessary to re-contruct the original full frame. Your DVD encoding software is accepting a 24p file but I absolutely promise you that it is breaking that down to 60i when it's writing it to the disc. Otherwise, the disc wouldn't...
Nope. It relies on "discrete" codes (one code for on, one for off) but you'd be surprised how many devices have discretes built-in, even if there aren't separate buttons on the remote. You could also keep track of states through ProntoScript (a Javascript-like scripting language), or you can use the power-sense inputs on the RFX9600 extender (if one is in your configuration) to determine if a device is on or not. Remembering the power state of each device has always been...
Thanks for the kind words!I personally own a Harmony 880 but I do contract A/V work as a side business (my "day job" is in enterprise A/V). Right now, I'm automating a client's conference room and being a small business, something like an AMX or Crestron system is out of the question for them, so I originally suggested a Harmony 1000. With the way their configuration is, I had to use 2 RF Extenders, one in the ceiling controlling the projector and X10 lighting, and...
This is just getting sillier and sillier. If you were actually putting 480p on a DVD disc, what the heck would you need flags for? What exactly would you be flagging? THINK about it!
You get to specify which device (1000 itself, or Extender) trasmits the IR for each device in your configuration. If you send it to the Extender, you can not specify a port, in which the blaster in the Extender itself will send the IR, or you can specify a particular port on the Extender, which will be connected to an IR emitter that you stick onto the face of the equipment being contolled. If you don't specify that the commands for a particular device are to be sent...
Now that makes perfect sense. Surely they had purchasing commitments for some of the key components of HD DVD so what better way to honor those than to actually use them?
Fios is pure digital. The cable will make absolutely zero difference in the quality of the image. I wouldn't even recommend running it through your APC.
I have a client with a free-to-air satellite box that wasn't supported by SlingPlayer and just finished creating a custom .bin file from scratch, so all is never lost with the Sling! It would be nice if they had tools for this built right into the system though.
I was going to suggest a simple $20-30 IR controllable lamp/appliance module, but I can't find one! SmartHome has a few but they are all RF and not IR. You could get an X-10 IR543 and an appliance module, and that would certainly work, but you're up to $50.
You can absolutely add a 2nd Extender (and maybe more?). I had no trouble adding a 2nd Extender to the configuration I was working on. The problem was getting it to work properly. Everytime I made a change and updated, some device would stop functioning correctly. Sometimes, even updating twice in a row without making any changes would give me two different problems. It would be perfect one time, then totally messed up the next. From what I've read, 2 Extenders is...