or Connect

Posts by Robster1958

thanks guys...maybe i can better explain: after reading about the SOE, the description i can best use is "looks like raw video footage." Highly detailed, accurate, smooth...but no depth. Lack of realism. Flat Some specific answers: With enhancements off, the PQ improves, but not enough on the Sammy LED. That TV is not MY problem though!) On my Panny 8000, the SOE is hit or miss..most easy to see with facial close-ups. I use that 721 setting, plus auto iris off,...
I have tried shutting off all the "enhancements," but I still experience SOE on my Panny 8000 FP. I did the same thing on a Sammy 60" LCD at a friend's house and it was still very SOE....impossible to watch except for live sports. I am now worried that now that I know what it is, i can never get rid of it? I am so confused with 2/3 pulldown, refresh rates and the like....all I want is a picture that looks normal. with all the improvements in pixel density, color...
Lost.....quick and dirty analysis: without reciting my history of PJ's and gadgets in general, i think i can be helpful as i also owned a $10k 720p DLP "back in the day," which replaced a $15k 480p DLP from a few years earlier. given the fact that we spent that kind of money back then, i would assume you also spent on screen, light control, tinkered with calibration, etc. we were ahead of the curve. then i was forced to replace the 720p three years ago. i went with a...
I am having a problem with this PJ on 2D with Apple TV. (set to 1080P output) I get motion artifacts....not sure of the technical term...but where it appears slow-motion in way...overall, just fake. At first I thought it was just the program material, but now i see it all the time. Not on Cable TV though. The only settings i have touched are picture mode and Color. Any suggestions? thanks
so after 3.5 years and about 1,500 hours, this is all she wrote: before i throw it out, i would sell it for best offer over shipping/ LAST CHANCE.....ANYONE WANT THE LAMP? the LENS? anything? Well..i tried to give it away to no avail.
So my HW10 up and died...its last signature was this screen: I just replaced it with a Panny 8000; before i throw it out, would anyone have an interest in this for parts?
Newest owner here....one piece of advice, after 3 hours: EXCELLENT super bright, excellent colors, great blacks, simple setup, ultra quiet, zero light leakage. I had to make a quick decision to replace my Sony VPL-HW10 that died. Maybe I am just overwhelmed by the state of technology today, and using a 4 year old $3,000 Sony as a basis of comparison is too easy. So far i have barely tweaked it: hung it in same place; used the lens shift; the power zoom; then the...
I am interested in this PJ also...although that HTR review scared me a bit, particularly with respect to noise level (fan noise). Any comments from owners please? the unit is spec'd at a very respectable 22 dB in Eco mode, which is likley where i will run it. Another question: Will the RPA universal mount work with this PJ without any additional adapter plate? And a reply...my online research finds the $2,999 street price to be $2,899 now, minus another $100 for the...
I know this was only an "average good" pj 3 years ago, but i was very happy with it...until it went psycho on me with this: Anyhow, i need replacement pronto. These are my requirements: 1.) easy swap with Chief RPA universal mount. 2.) very quiet and small (-ish) footprint as the pj is mounted close by. 3.) needs to be available in black case (why the Epson white??) 4.) PQ excellent in 2D; passable in 3D Simple right?? Except that i have been away from the hobby...
i should have mentioned that even the setting menu fails to project; just this rainbow....which i am starting to enjoy!! seriously, my quick research yields the Sony HW30, although apparently discontinued still sells close to msrp everywhere. next choice is Panny AE7000; then Epson 5020 (need black case). also...appears that all mainstream pj's are 3D, which seems to an added expense and complexity with no usefulness for me. unless i don't know what i'm missing.