or Connect

Posts by Hoots

How much storage do you have? 4 Drives + SSD 3 x 3tb + 1x2tb = 11TB How much storage do you want ideally ? 8 drives (3 for music, 4 for video, 1 for unRAID) Music 2 x 3TB + 1 x 2 TB (I currently am close to full with 5TB (including SACD and BD music rips) * Pop/Rock A-L * Pop/Rock M-Z * Other Genres Movies * 4 x 3TB = 12TB extra drive for the unRAID How much storage do you expect to have over the next few years? No more if I put a ceiling on video. I think I...
I had the foam installed and it was not a material resolution to the problem. The whirling air noise is annoying during dialog. I watch at night in a quiet room so the noise is much more noticeable than when there is ac and other room noise. I forget about after being gone for a week but am quickly reminded If the whirling would stop it would be better This is a major problem and I would expect more engineering effort to be deployed towards a fix
Why HTPC? A fair question especially if you have other common devices like a Cable box w/DVR, Oppo BD player w/streaming service (and even a ROKU stick), etc. Even with a HTPC I want the Oppo for SACD/DVD-A and video disc playback. I also want the Cable Box and DVR so I stopped using my Media PC for years except as an audio jukebox. My new HTPC does not provide better picture than my new HTPC (seems same)...perhaps the HTPC has more control over the picture. One unique...
For JRiver I go into workstation view and delete within JRiver so the links are gone from the library. I can also quickly find titles in Explorer.
This is a great question...especially sense I don't watch the same movie more than once per five years. Ripping, tagging, etc, isn't a problem. The question for me is do I want to spend $500 on hard drives plus a bigger cabinet, SATA card plus manage a 15TB redundant storage system just to have instant access to my movies. I do like the browsing and metadata but I can do that on a database program like Collectorz. Skipping all the menus/previews/warning/etc.& not...
the other option is 4K as new models try to match the black levels of Plasma.
I was running an i7 haswell with no video card and DVDs had some digital blur in spots. I changed to Red October advanced setting (needs high performance machine) and the video was jumpy/terrible. I put Red October back to standard and I bought a
How do you tag and organize bonus music video DVDs found in 2-Disc CD expanded issues, video shorts inside DVD-Audio discs, and other odd-ball music video? I just have these files in a separate collection with the frame grabbed picture and a title. it works but not pretty. I like having them available for surfing vs. lost in the CD shelf. what about TV compilations like SNL The Best of Steve Martin. No Season X, Episode Y but clips of many on a DVD. How do you manage...
When I called to schedule my fan fix they noted there is also the vibrating board problem fixed with new screws. They are bringing both the fan/air flow fix as well as new screws. They said they have replaced "a ton" of screws from sets with the vibrating board. Tech said it varies with brightness as you have noted.
See the Assassins Guide (a blog referenced on this forum). It has the details you need for this project. Here are some items to think about as part of your planning: 1. CAPACITY How many drives are you going to need? * Bluray movies are around 20-30GB+ uncompressed. With Handbrake some compress to around 5GB. I like lossless video and music so I don't compress. So around 33 BD's per TB or roughly 100/3TB drive. If you have 500 BD movies then you will need 5x3TB...