or Connect

Posts by NetworkTV

The one missing feature that is most likely to push me away from this and toward the Roku 3 is the lack of the headphone jack on the remote control like the Roku 3 remote has. I've been looking for a device for my bedroom TV and being able to easily plug in headphones without cables or add on devices would be very welcome.
I have to admit, I was getting ready to dump the show after I finished watching this last episode - then I got to the end. The last scene earned the show another week out of me...
...and for the really friendly types with a screwy sense of humor, you have the Dutch Oven...
My guess, as someone who isn't a VR gear expert, is that the virtual room, including the screen and the movie playing on it, would be a set resolution. As you walk toward any object, it's essentially made larger and the original resolution of the environment would dictate how close you can get until you see the effects of the limitations of whatever resolution things were created in.It's like when you move closer to a wall: you start seeing the texture and the...
Or it could be, he was distracted by a flashback from high school:"These guys are gonna give me a swirlee anyway...may as well get if over with..."
Actually, the real answer would be that is what real women are for. The effect is in fully immersive 3D, too.The problem is, this is the Audio Visual SCIENCE forum, where the females are a bit outnumbered (not that they don't exist here, it's just they tend to hide).The result is, there are plenty of guys that spend way too much time calibrating and testing their.....devices...
If I'm not actually going to a theater, the last thing I want is to virtually bring into the experience the one thing I hate about going to the theater: the people.Further, if HockeyAJB and Polaris started talking to each other during the movie, I'd be tempted to punch both of them right in....the Oculus...No offense to those guys - I just used them as an example since they were mentioned. Having a virtual theater with a preset movie and an audience full of avatars would...
You mean budget Predator? All we need is for Dolph Lundgren to show up as a tough guy named "Arnold Braunschweiger".I've seen people who will watch some of the worst movies just to see a pretty woman partially naked for about 3 seconds...
Well, at least not when he doesn't have some kind of infection...
I blame the toaster.For decades, it's been failing to properly do the one thing it was designed to do.I wouldn't be surprised if it was a social experiment to see just how terrible a product people would still buy, hate, yet still fail to be up in arms about it. I'm pretty sure that somewhere around 1986, the folks at GE looked at their washer, dryer and refrigerator lines, then looked at the toasters and realized they were morons for making all that expensive stuff...