or Connect

Posts by NetworkTV

I blame the toaster.For decades, it's been failing to properly do the one thing it was designed to do.I wouldn't be surprised if it was a social experiment to see just how terrible a product people would still buy, hate, yet still fail to be up in arms about it. I'm pretty sure that somewhere around 1986, the folks at GE looked at their washer, dryer and refrigerator lines, then looked at the toasters and realized they were morons for making all that expensive stuff...
Maybe it's because Facebook has gone from:- a way to connect to others in an unencumbered social environment that requires you to supply personal information to facilitate itTo- a massive information collection database that just happens to allow you to socialize with others.Facebook has become the prototype model that proves the NSA has been doing it wrong.Both groups strive to collect and monitor every bit of data about what we do every minute of our lives along with...
Too many speakers? I'm not sure. However, my question is, is it possible for speakers to be too big?:
I can just see Daryl now:"What the heck is this couscous crap? Do I have to pay double for the second cous? How much just for a single cous?"
It has to be one of those big triangle dinner bells, though....
Well, we really don't know who may have been observing them from hidden vantage points.The illusion of lack of security may be the first test to any newcomer: walk in, accept a plate full of food and you get to stay. On the other hand, walk in, start looting and attack the greeter (who may have an assault rifle hidden, but handy behind those grills) and you'll get picked off by a half a dozen sharpshooters in the windows above the alley.For all we know, they saw them...
No, but people talk amongst each other, market to market and bad press is still bad press.When you have one market with, say Comcast, where people are complaining about lack of speed, low bandwidth caps or lack of HD content while a TWC market is bragging about not having to suffer through that stuff, it doesn't make Comcast look good overall. The reverse would also be true.So, while TWC and Comcast don't compete in the same retail market, they do compete in the market of...
Thankfully, Amazon's pre-orders no longer mean anything price-wise. You can usually get discs for the same price or less after it's released. That's why I never pre-order that stuff anymore. For example, most recently, The Black Stallion on Blu-ray went down $3 after release day. I'm glad I waited.The only downsides to not pre-ordering are not getting it the day of release and possibly getting delayed if the disc is really popular.
What's not to like?Well, for starters, very little commercial software. I'm sorry, but "The Gimp" is no Photoshop. I've also played with some of the video editing solutions available on Linux, and I found them lacking compared with what's available for Windows. While Open Office is a great substitute for Microsoft Office, when it comes to syncing my work calendar with my home one, it's simply easier to use Outlook, since that's what I have at work.There's also drivers....
I actually really like Windows 7. Windows Vista wasn't bad once they fixed the issues with a couple of service packs. However, Windows 7 is essentially what Vista should have been from the beginning, though you'll need to install "Classic Shell" if you want the old style Start Menu that they started phasing out with Windows XP. Otherwise, you get the XP style interface. I use the XP-style start menu at work, but I prefer the classic start menu at home where I can organize...