or Connect

Posts by lescaudle

Just bought the HTR-4065 from CostCo for $289.99 Seems an excellent device. Possibly a dumb question, but .. it only has a sub-woofer output of 'audio pin cable (x1: for connecting to subwoofer)'. I've got an older sub-woofer that wants an RCA jack with line level outputs. Is there any way to connect this - or is this 'audio pin cable' actually an RCA (it looks like one, but ... not eager to blow anything up)? Also, is there a way to create a 'Scene' that would use...
Probably a dumb question, but will the BD65 remember the position in a BluRay when you power it off and then turn it on? For 'The Watchman' director's cut my recent Costco BD60 would forget where I was, and it's a real hassle to get to the correct position again. I also noticed some menu less DVDs created with Adobe Encore would not get recognized on the BD60, even though they had all the necessary files and would play with PowerDVD or the OS X DVD player. So - I'm...
I've been using the MyHD-120 for years with a MITS 1080i rear projection set (one of the 280 lb monsters you get by being an early adopter in 2000) with zero problems. My MITS finally gave up the ghost, and I connected it to the DVI input of a 1920 x 1080 1080p Samsung P2370HD. My problems is that when I go into HD full screen mode, when I have the settings set to the highest resolution (1920 x 1080I) for the latest drivers v1.66E1.zip), the screen kind of flashes...
nm88 - "some judder"? These have lots of music and I'm on a 65" about 9 feet away. Can you qualify whether this would be 'acceptable' for someone used to DVDs? For PAL, what resolution should I set my screen? Do you know of a PAL DVD test disc?
Is it possible to play a PAL DVD (of a TV show from 1997-2000 era) using ZoomPlayer? Will the normal DVD codecs do the job? Will it look ok and sound ok? Unsure if this affects anything, but I've got an older MITS WS-65905 65" 1080i from 2000 that I feed a signal to from ZoomPlayer thru component. It's based on an internal CRT that is particular about which frequencies. I have my screen setup as 720 x 480. I'm using reClock to get sound to work, and also have...
Mike - if this is true I think this will affect more than video editors. If the Samsung takes a 1920 x 1080 pixel video stream from a BluRay player, 'throws away' 2% and stretches the remainder to fill 1920 x 1080, it will never be as clear as it could be. If you resize an image up in Photoshop, with very good algorithms for this, it will never look as good as the original. And my guess is that it is more than 2%, from what I'd observed with their smaller LCD's. You can't...
I use Final Cut Pro (software used to edit No Country for Old Men) and output thru an HDMI card for monitoring (not a graphic card, there are no controls, it just puts out 1920 x 1080i). I've used several 24" Samsung & Dell monitors. They all threw away pixels, so that I could never see the entire image. I ended up using a Samsung 2493HM, which does not throw away any pixels, but does stretch them rather than display black bars at the top and bottom (as it is 1920 x...
I've got a Samsung 245T which has an HDMI input. I'm missing about 100 pixels on each side, no matter how I set the display. In 16 x 9 mode, I should be able to see black bars on the top and bottom, and every single pixel that is begin sent in a 1:1 mapping. I'm going back and forth with them. Had to show them pictures to convince them of the problem - and now they seem to feel that it was the wrong BIOS that got shipped on a few early monitors. However, I...
I have several codecs that work perfectly in ZP5, Intervideo and DScaler. I installed the 30 day trial of NVIDIA NVDVD v3+. I can select it and the movie plays. However, the aspect ratio of the video is off. I've got my remote setup so that I can move the entire image up or down, or make the image expand in the x or y direction. With the other codecs, this works great. But, with the NVIDIA codec, if I try to expand the image in the y direction, it just...
tetsuo55 - the 1st link seems to be broken. I'm after the best picture, and as long as my CPU has enough power to play it, I don't care if it is software or hardware decoding. Does the latest PowerDVD still offer filters that can be used by 3rd party players - or is it just the HDDVD & BluRay where they do not supply filters that can be used by 3rd party players?