or Connect

Posts by ligou

My PC is connected to my LG 3D monitors (23'' or 25'') through a HDMI 1.4 cable. The PC is the only video source (2D or 3D) I use, with a standard Blu-ray drive and several softwares, PowerDVD11 for movies (see my last post) or Roxio for my camcorder files. As a matter of fact I own the 3D camcorder FujiFilm 3D W3. With a 1280x720p resolution, probably not as good as yours, the clips are recorded on a 16 GB SD card. I don't use the proposed USB cable; it is much more easy...
Finally I bought the monitor LG D2542P. As mention by many users, it is better than the previous D2342P monitor. It is not only a problem of size, 25'' vs 23'', but the color are more vivid with deeper black. I am still using PowerDVD11 and display 3D movies by chosing the Line Interlaced mode. I don't see the purple ghosting mentioned by mirak123. The quality is such that I can use it as un standard 2D monitor instead of my ACER GD245HQ I currently use and considered...
Hi Yesterday I have installed the last version of PowerDVD 11 which is able to directly playback 3D Blu-Rays. So I don't need to make any ripping with DVDFab. In PowerDVD 11, I chose for the source Auto-detect and for the display Micro-polarized LCD 3D (Row-interleaved). With this choice, the only option on for the D2342P monitor is Interlaced Lines (no more Side By Side). So very good displays are achieved. Jacques Ligou
Most people agree that 3D BD players bring a lot of problems but that 3D files are the solution. When I purchase a 3D movie, I rip it on my Hard Drive with DVDFab (3D Ripper) from the standard BD drive included in my PC. I have never got any crash as said by some one on this forum. A big choice of output is available and I prefer AVCHD (mp4) and Side By Side (SBS). If the 3D option is correctly chosen on the monitor the playback is perfect. My only complain deals with...
According to advices by Richard Adams I have bought this monitor. I am very happy; it is far better than I thought. Many thanks! Only two remarks: - I have used the "3D L/R CHANGE" option because this monitor (at least mine) assumed that the right eye has the priority R-L(1/2). So I have chosen L-R(2/2) to be consistent with most SBS files. After this change my 3D effects were much better (mainly with Avatar 3D) - I was interested in the new 25 inch LG monitor. I think...
To R. Adams Thank you for your posts. I see now more clearly how to proceed with this monitor. I will use the HDMI 1.4 connection, but on the page 20 of the owner's manual there is a list of the accepted 3D Formats. Did you use an SBS format without horizontal compression (Frame Packing) or, as it is allowed, the usual Side-by-Side (Half)? By the way, I mainly obtain my 3D files with the FujiFilm 3D W3 which is a cheap camcorder producing very good videos (720p)....
You wrote that you could playback SBS files directly without the Tridef 3D package. This is good. You also wrote: "The SBS mode of 3D is selected from the LG D2342P monitor menu". Unfornutalely in the Oner's Manual, it is stated that the SBS choice is enabled only for HDMI connection. On my PC, I have only 2 DVI-D outputs; does it mean that I should buy an adaptater? On the other hand, if the "3D L/R CHANGE" option is used, a DVI-D connection is allowed, but how to...
Dear Richard Adams I see that you are happy with the d2342p 3D monitor. You mentionned that you could playback SBS file with VLC. My question is: with true 3d files, like the one you mentioned, is "Tridef 3D" required? I think Tridef is only useful for 2D-3D conversions, am I wrong? Personnaly I am only interested in 3D movies (I own 10); after ripping, 3D files are displayed in the SBS format on my Full-HD monitor and viewed through my stereoscope. This is perfect but...
I have received a reply from CyberLink. They ask me to install the last PowerDVD Ultra version: 3319a. I did it without success; the situation is even worse than before, since I get black screens. With the previous version, I could see at least something on the screen with a lot of stuttering. It seems to me that the newest versions (beyond 2911) require more and more powerful platforms ? I am so disappointed, that I will probably buy a stand-alone Toshiba player. They...
My OS is Windows XP SP2 and CyberLink Advisor gave me a green light, except one yellow ball for the graphic card. I use of course AnyDVD HD because my monitor (DELL 24 '')is not HDCP. The imported wmv files have a 8.2 Mbps bitrate. I asked the same question to the CyberLink hotline and I wait for their reply.