or Connect

Posts by DVD MAN

I am selling my one year old Lumagen XE-3D It is absolutely in perfect shape As mint as it gets. I have all accessories including the box and manual. If you are local you can pick up. Thie Lumagens XE-3D is their top of the line processor it Retails for $4999. My new JVC projector has auto cal that works so I no longer need the Lumagen. If you are interested and prefer to speak to me please call at 845-551-3104 or 914-850-9078. If you want to see detail pics please...
I am upgrading my preamp and have decided to sale my highly regarded Parasound P-7. The Preamp is in perfect shape. the Pre Amp still has 3.5 years left on the factory warranty. I have the double factory box with the blue velvet bag and remote control. I prefer a local pick up but I can ship in the USA. I have attached links of reviews and...
I am upgrading my preamp and have decided to sale my highly regarded Parasound P-7. The Preamp is in perfect shape. the Pre Amp still has 3.5 years left on the factory warranty. I have the double factory box with the blue velvet bag and remote control. I prefer a local pick up but I can ship in the USA. I have attached links of reviews and...
Hello All, Just wondering what type of screen is best to remove the black bars on wide screen movies. Is it best to mask the screen using a masking system like the Stewart 4-way making or just using a 2:35:1 screen? Are there any disadvantages using one from another?
I originally purchased the Oppo to take advantage of the fantastic analog stage. However I am having an AV Sync issue when trying to connect any sources into any of the digital inputs of the Oppo. I do not have the issue with Blu Ray playback as I can adjust for the AV delay within the player. By adding the Lexicon it will allow me to decode for all the sources and it will eliminate AV sync issue. Since the Parasound has two 7.1 Multi Inputs I can add the Oppo on one...
Hello all, I am using a Parasound P7 Pre Amp with multi 7.1 input and a Oppo-105 for all of the latest HD audio codecs like True HD and DTS Master Audio. I am considering the MC-8 for everything else. Cable, DVD, Xbox ,PS3 How does the sound quality and decoding compare to the latest processors available today? What' DACs are in the MC-8? What price would you pay for a MC-8? Thanks
Thank You Guys. It looks like I made the right decision. I have high hopes. I should have the rig on Tuesday. I may need some help on set up of the rig. I have been looking at the manual-and wow so much to cover. Thanks
Thanks 4D I definitely agree with you in regards to the P7. I am using one of two 7.1 inputs with the 7.1 analog output of the Oppo-105 for all the decoding on blu rays and dvdi with amazing results. I want to use the 2nd 7.1 input on the P7 in HT bypass to connect a processor to decode all other sources like Cable box, TiVo, Xbox, PS3. I decided on the Lexicon MC-8, it's an older unit with out all the bells and whistles but with what I have read on it a really good...
Hello Guys, I am trying to make a wise decision an a budget purchase. At the moment I am using the Parasound P7 Pre Amp that has two 7.1 Multi analog inputs. This allows me to connect my Oppo-105 direct into one of the multi inputs on the P7. Great Combo Great Sound very happy. I am now looking to purchase a surround pre processor that can be connected to the 2nd multi input (HT Bypass) on the P7 for all the other components. I have narrowed it down to three that are...
This is strictly my opinion. I have owned several Blu Ray Players in the last few years including the your Denon 3800 BDCI. The Pioneer BDP-09FD is one of the most well constructed Blu Ray players that I have ever owned. Its performance is arguably the best 2D picture and best sounding player period. However to get the best sound you MUST take advantage of the 7.1 analog output. I have compared the Pioneer to Denon, Sony ES, Oppo-95, PS3 which are all excellent...