or Connect

Posts by arnyk

Nothing can be more boring than a discussion that is way over one's head. Especially if the topic bores the people doing the talking.Perceive what you will. It is a free country.If you want to prove that there are differences, do measurements. They always come out different, even the two channels of a high quality stereo power amp.The above statement is easily as questionable as the statement it quotes.But you can measure it. False premises lead to riddles.I guess you...
That depends on the relative gain of the power amplifiers in the AVR as opposed to the gain of the external power amp.As you may recall I was the proud owner of a Pass 4e power amp not that long ago. It was big, it was heavy, and if I had really badly designed speakers that I was married to for life, it might have made sense to keep.Let's face it. Matching levels accurately enough is a giant mystery to most audiophiles. Symptomatic of that is the fact that if you tell them...
The worst case AVRs develop about the same amount of power as a comparable 2 channel integrated amp. As AVRs get heavier and more expensive, they approach having how ever many channels of amplification as they have, each with the power capability of one of the two channels of the 2 channel integrated amp.
As usual, the above statement simplistically misstates past and future reality.What will in fact be claimed is that there will be a difference but it won't be audible. Not that complex or difficult eh, but some people don't seem to be able to say it or write that with useful amounts of reliability.It is as always, the responsibility of the proponents of the allegedly improved DACs to prove their point, which historically they have never been willing or able to do. One...
+1it pretty well answers the issues raised in this post: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1507920/bi-amping-b-w-cm10/480#post_24605144The single slope circuit that is most commonly used is analyzed thoroughly. Straight up current limiters are a degenerate case of the single slope circuit.
Not high end prices, for sure.Commodity 12 or 14 or even thinner wire suffices depending on length.Mainstream pricing suffices.They always audibly color the sound - that's vinyl!Really good analog tape comes closer, but still is not sonically transparent past one generation, no matter what.Speakers include subwoofers and you can spend a lot on subwoofers and not enter the realm of strongly diminishing returns.
That was just the beginning of sorrows. If memory serves it didn't have the best FR with resistive loads, and it also provided a relatively high source impedance. As always any kind of good FR was contingent on exact electrical centering of the bass and treble controls which were non defeatable, and whose electrical center rarely coincided with mechanical center.Here is the relevant info:Welcome to audio in the 1950s. Note that audio gear with todays fully enclosed...
The current outlandish prices for OLED are not due to better engineering. It is all about the usual "Early adopter's tax" which has applied to just about any new technology that has come along. Right now production runs are small, yields are low, there is a lot of rework and handwork, etc., etc. All of those things will presumably be solved in time. In way the prices are due to unrefined engineering, not better engineering.
So what? The same argument applies. Of course not all cables sound the same. Last time I looked Radio Shack and others still sell 24 gauge cable as speaker wire.Which systems? The question is 100% indiscriminate. I believe that there are some ultra cheap rack systems that are pretty bad.Take a guess, Amir! ;-)Not the issue. He didn't exclude anything.Maybe there are other people here with the same problem - absolute and total indiscriminate thinking. That doesn't mean it...
Any, except possibly those, like certain Sony models that make a strong point about supporting only speakers rated at 8 ohms or higher.