or Connect

Posts by arnyk

Agreed, but many of the attractive deals involve equipment that is really obsolete.I define obsolete as not having HDMI inputs. That implies a lot of other things such as inability to handle the latest codecs, etc.Speak of the devil! Please point out the HDMI jack for my BD player and cable box? ;-)well, your preferences are your preferences and they are sacrosanct, but lets say I don't know how many people would agree with you if they were aware of all of the...
Those are hardware store items. If you want a acoustically designed door sweep, it will cost money and it may be futile because of other sound leaks.More to the point might be an exterior grade door and twin pane windows for any windows between the room and the rest of the house.Rule of thumb is that foam acoustic treatments have poor bang for the buck.Several inches (2-6") of rigid high density fiberglass are what you need. The only restriction on fabric coverings is that...
The above would appear to be a matter of asking the wrong question and thereby making the problem more difficult than it needs to be. The more relevant question seems to be which amp will drive the speakers at hand to the desired SPL levels. That question can be answered without calculating the actual power being delivered to the speakers which is nontrivial because it is a function of frequency.Note that in years of posting to AVS I have found that most audiophiles that...
I double checked and the problem is not what runs, but what you can install. The MSE that is running under XP on my PC is the identical same version as the MSE that runs under Win 8.1. They buggered the installer so that MSE can't install.
Why mess with overpriced equipment that tends to hold its resale value better than average as used equipment?
It is not a random change. It is done quite intentionally. Even the basic power ratings of amps of all kinds are fudged. If the marketing department wants a 100 wpc amp, and the amp clips below that, they just jack up the THD spec. A typical SS amp has about 0.02% THD just below clipping, but you rarely if ever see THD speced that low. That's why.All the amps that double down? They don't if you rate them at the power levels just below clipping. They fudge the power rating...
Try this link:http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/denavre300/denon-avr-e300-5.1-3d-networking-receiver-airplay/1.html
Security Essentials seems to be in a halfway house. As I mentioned downloading the current installer retrieved a problem that failed under XP , but the installer I downloaded in min-January works. No problems updating its definitions.I've been experimenting with running XP in a VMWARE virtual machine under Windows 8.1, which has so far been very productive. I've only got one program that is causing problems under 8.1 and it is running very well on XP under VMware. I...
More like 200:
A few posts back I explained why the 77 wpc number is about half of reality as AVRs are used, and here you are apparently ignoring it.Is this a reasoned conversation or someone's opportunity to vent?