or Connect

Posts by arnyk

Bias controlled tests aren't just one thing and are continuing to develop and FMW knows it. So, he doesn't think that our existing bias controlled tests are the be-all and end-all. They are just a whole lot better then the usual audiophile sighted evaluations.It is arguable that the above post and its predecessors drop major hints that suggest a lack of the kind of familiarity with bias controlled tests that comes from any useful amount of hands-on experience with them.Of...
That's just it. There are differences in more modern electronic equipment. My new AVR is network savvy several helpful ways, has automated system optimization, and has upgradable firmware (my old AVR had some funnies in its DPL software which I use a lot).The newest AVr has updated itself twice off of the network and one update specifically targeted DPL. The stereo receiver had no bass management, no support for the new center channel speaker, etc., etc.The speakers are...
Sorry. I read this to say that you do havae a sub:"However, if I use the subwoofer out on the receiver and set bass management to main speakers-small and a subwoofer, the meter registers around 35Hz!"I now see that my interpretation of it is maybe a bit ambiguous.
Who says that horns can't be high performance bass speakers? ;-)
Since this speaker is 100% dependent on being placed in a corner to complete its horn, its actual size is far more than what is on the spec sheet. I know someone who had these for years and used them with an IB subwoofer.
Any digital audio connection usually sounds pretty darn good if everything downstream of it is good quality.Because the display is integrated the usual HDMI outputs would seem to have no purpose, sort of. Laptops also have integrated displays and the upscale ones also have HDMI outputs. There, the extra outputs are used to drive projectors, etc. There does not seem to be any place to plug in a video card that could add HDMI outputs. Not the most expandable PC in the...
Agreed. It looks strange to those who are uninitiated in its peculiarities but it is basically correct. Behringer uses a similar configuration in other amps such as the EP1500. Basically the OPT collectors are grounded and the emitters are connected to the +/- power supplies. The output of the amplifier is taken from the other ends of the power supply capacitors. There must thus be a separate pair +/- of power supplies for each channel. The 4 main power transformer...
Ignores the fact that subwoofers are typically small for the amount of bass extension that they have and therefore must have lower efficiency.Ignores the fact that subwoofers reproduce in a frequency range where the ear is far less sensitive and thus subwoofers must and do often play louder to provide the impression of balanced timbre.Ignores the fact that the normal spectrum of music is a downward sloping curve and the lower the frequency, the more acoustic power per...
I've used a fair selection of their products. I find they run hot and cold, with some of them never taken seriously, and other in routine use for long periods of excellent service.For example if you have one of the smaller Yamaha digital consoles like the 02R96, 01V, or etc., and a tight budget the ADA8000 is like a gift from heaven. That one has been around a long time, and there have been many production runs of it, at least one that was pretty deadly. I got 2 of...