or Connect

Posts by Myshkin

Mine does the same. I don't think it's a big deal. (but I wouldn't consider my tv as much of a control , with all the hum and backlight issues) I did see the 40 inch 81 at BB today. I thought the picture looked absolutely gorgeous - which would be great if you could keep it on pause or show slides or something, because displaying a blu ray disc, it was a total mess. It must have had something to do with the setup. Even the Magnolia sales guy said there must be a problem....
I'm not as concerned with the xbr6,7,8, etc as the article I posted regarding the 8th gen panels shipping for the FIRST time this week. Will future XBR4 tvs have the new panel where old ones do not? Will the xbr5 have different panels than the xbr4? Mine needs to be replaced because of the humming which nobody else is experiencing. (I went to Magnolia and couldn't hear anything) I might put off the replacement, though, for a couple weeks if it gives me a better chance...
I don't think I've seen this mentioned yet. It was in today's newspaper. Published: 10:52 EST, August 28, 2007 Samsung, Sony Ship From Latest LCD Line (AP) -- Samsung Electronics Co. and Sony Corp. on Tuesday began shipping panels for large-sized flat screen televisions from the newest production line at their liquid crystal display joint venture. The eighth generation line at the venture, called S-LCD Corp., makes panels of 46 inches and 52 inches measured...
I'll confirm that it does do 1080p over component on the xbox 360. I'm using the extender now.
46 inch. There is definitely a hum, but since I've never owned such a large lcd tv, I'm not sure if it's normal to hear a hum. I'm taking a break from the calibrating/motion enchancing/ backlighting issues tonight. Going to just enjoy watching. I'll nitpick more later.
I've never had any problems with monoprice hdmi or dvi cables, and I did't purchase the 1.3 version either. The only cable that has given me a problem was a best buy 6 footer which the guy gave me for free with my dvd player and told me in advance that it was crap. The cheap cable looks perfect one day and the next the tv can't find the signal. (this was true with my xbr4 as well as my 32 inch lcd) I'm still worried about the auto backlight though. There is a reviewer...
I was wrong. Still some backlighting issues with the dvd player. From a fellow Dolphins fan - blurring might be a plus this season . This tv seems great. Can't believe I'm so aggravated over something so small.
Thanks for the help. I already had it set that way, though. (as per gordong11's custom settings)I think I've found the answer, though. - It seems to be the Sony 300 br player which is doing the correcting. (and it's going back for many other reasons anyway) I tried the same movie on sd dvd with my denon and had no issues. Hope this solves the prob. (and helps anybody else viewing through br.Picture still looks outstanding, btw.
Thanks, but black corrector and and advanced c.e. are off. I'm guessing it is some kind of auto back light adjustment but I can't find any in the on or auto position.
I just received my 46xbr4 saturday (august 2007, made in mexico) I'm sorry to not be able say much more than this tv looks great to me. I'm not having any clouding issues and I don't see any blurring. I do have one issue that is really bugging me. I'm watching Immortal Beloved on Blu ray which looks great except in during the night scenes the picture will adjust automatically. If anybody has seen the movie - when young Ludwig lays in the water and fades away into the...