or Connect

Posts by trdr_vix

I called this afternoon when my daughter tried to watch Scrooge and she told me there was a message up on the screen that said that I had not paid for the channel. I just upgraded to MPEG4 last month with a 2 year commit. I was steaming. I did the old "cancel" routine at the prompt and immediately got CR. I really gave the guy what's up. I was very stern, but not abusive. I was infuriated that they pull a channel from me and placed it in a tier and wanted me to pay for...
Whooooooops!!!! If you were talking about Peter Pan....then I stand very much corrected! I thought you were responding to my comments about Armegeddon!! You made my point on Armegeddon, why was it pillarbox? I don't think there is an answer. and....as the (feeling somewhat sublime) OP, I shall say no more on that!!! Yes...I have recorded Peter Pan also, I though it was a very nice presentation, yes it did fill the screen, I was not aware of the cropping, if is...
I don't understand, you say you didn't get pillarbox bars??? I clearly did, both upstairs on my H20 when I surfed to it a few times, and downstairs, recorded on my HR21, I still have the movie, I had erased Atlantis from 2 weeks ago this morning when I got up, I thought I had erased this one, but I didn't. I just went down and looked at it again, yup..got the pillarbox box and is Armageddan recorded off of FXHD on Tues evening. Are you sure you didn't have zoom on or...
For those who saw a "filled" screen, I believe you were on the FX SD channel, not the HD. I surfed back and forth several times to see if it was just a transmitting issue and one of those time I hit the SD channel by mistake and it was filling the screen, with a crappy SD image, of course.
What I got on FXHD for this movie was a 4x3 upconvert with Black bars on the sides. That is an old converted verison of this movie. I already erased it from my DVR, it was not what I expected. I am surprised, that is the first time that I saw FXHD do that.
It did not look quite good on my 55" Mits...very grainy during certain scenes, and there definitely was some resolution loss on a lot of the shots. After about 45 min. of a very uninspiring experience I finally realized something was quite seriously wrong. Sure enough, my Sub was out. I hit test tones on my receiver and sure enough no tone on the Sub...wasted about another 45 min. trying to diagnose the problem (it was working fine for a movie several nights ago). Finally...
Yes, but how does that keep them from presenting a "non-windowbox" SD widescreen version at the full HD bandwidth transmission? Does that excuse the distractive promo's and ad's that have been added to the bottom bar area? HDnet version is cropped to 16x9 btw....nothing to write home about, resolution is good, though. I think what is also funny is how people criticized me when I was the only one complaining about the windowboxing issue...however this morning I come across...
Anyone happy with the " Windowbox" presentation of "Enterprise" all day yesterday, including them filling the bottom bar area with promo's and ad's?? Anyone? Bueller?....Bueller? Yeah, right, the "windowbox" effect, no big deal... is just an artifact of the transmittal previous SD LB material, nothing to worry about.....just zoom the HD resolution away until the bars are gone (which you can't do in HD mode BTW, because it's already HD) except they have no found a way to...
I wasn't talking about film stock.Thank you for the clear explanation.We will disagree on the director's scene intent vs. what was done in post matting, or likely later, on this one.Everyone is experiencing what I am seeing on the selected material. I believe in OAR, what I don't believe in is what is unnecessary in the video transfer and beyond. Since it is the typical result of previously transferred SD material on non HD video source, then it is what it is until a new...
What excellent eye and sound candy yesterday, seems like a great channel. Coming up, Armageddon on Tues. night!