or Connect

Posts by MarcVoc

I'm assuming since no one else has mentioned this that there's something wrong on my side, but is anyone experiencing any video problems with the NFL games on CBS and NBC today (11/4)? The picture is "stuttering" (audio is fine) during game action, but not during things like the studio shows. Very annoying. This didn't happen with the Packers game on Fox or on the college game on ESPN tonight, but it happened on all the CBS games and on NBC game tonight. Any...
The two channels I always have a problem with are ESPN2 (203) and TNT (204). They had been great for about a month...ever since Universal HD was added. I thought my problems were solved. Then last week my DVR had an issue...I got a message that it was full but I only had like 5 programs saved on there. I deleted Entourage because I had already seen it (didn't want it to record again during the week as HBO shows will do if you delete them the week that they were "new")...
That describes the problems I see on occassions with ESPN2HD (ch 203) and TNTHD (ch 204) on my 6412 in my family room. Doesn't happen all the time, and it can seem to go days or weeks in a row without a problem. But when it does start happening, it'll happen consistently for several days in a row. Basically those two channels will have freezing/stuttering audio and video. And if I have one of those channels tuned in on one tuner but I'm watching something on the other...
Is anyone else experiencing a problem with ESPN2HD? For about a week now the channel has been virtually unwatchable for me as there is a constant "stutter" with both the video and audio. The picture and sound will play for a couple seconds, then pause for a second, then play for another couple seconds, then pause... This is happening on my 6412 box in my family room. I also have a 6400 box in my bedroom that is NOT having this problem. None of the other HD...
I just checked some of the other Comcast local threads and it looks like it was on everywhere...and it also looks like the nationwide concensus is that it's VERY ANNOYING!!! Hopefully it was only a few hours of poor judgement on Comcast's part.
It was on in Huntley this morning, channel 203. Thanks Comcast!! Now...how about HDNet?!?!
The top of the 1st inning started out without widescreen. I was watching OTA and my father was watching on cable (WOW in Schaumburg). He called me to ask if I had it in widescreen. Just as I was telling him that it wasn't widescreen for me either it switched over to widescreen. Looks like someone forgot to flip the switch. (Also looks like someone forgot to flip the switch on the Cubs offense lately)
The TV/Radio column in today's (4/22) Daily Herald had an article about the success of CSN Chicago, including an interview with Jim Corno (the GM of CSN Chicago). It had the following about CSNC-HD: "Corno says high-definition coverage of home games remains the single biggest difference from the old FSNC. (By the by, don’t blame Comcast’s cable arm for satellite TV’s failure to carry CSNC’s HDTV feed). “They own those rights,†he said. “They could be...
Illinois passed up WAY too many opportunities to score an easy basket by trying to set up for a three pointer...like the 3-on-1 in the 1st half when they kicked it back out for (and missed) a three. Gotta take those easy buckets when the opportunity is there. They also had no answer for May...although it doesn't help when the refs blow the whistle every time a defender would breathe on him. Now time to focus on the Cubs!! Marc
Anyone out there with a similar room set up...missing a side wall? Anyone? :confused: