or Connect

Posts by ScoHo

After some more investigating, it actually appears it won't be too hard for me to fish some THHN from the main panel to the subpanel through the ceiling (at least not as difficult as I originally thought). The bigger issue I'm anticipating now is placement of the transfer box. There doesn't appear to be much flexibility with the placement (at least with that one I'm looking at). My main panel has a corner on one side, and a Verizon media box on the other side so there...
Admittedly I'm no electrician, but I did wire my entire basement, including the subpanel (and no fires or electrocutions in the 10 years it's been "live"). Not sure why you mention backfeeding when I was pretty clear that I plan to install a transfer switch which (at least to my knowledge) eliminates that concern.As for the interlock kit, I'm pretty sure there are legality issues with those, at least in the area I live.
I'm getting ready to install a transfer switch in my basement for a generator to serve as a power backup for when the power goes out. I'm looking at probably installing this one: http://amzn.com/B000BQN4T2 I plan to hook it up to the circuits to control some of my media equipment, furnace, some lighting, etc. My main question is that I have a panel and a subpanel, and the circuits that I need to connect to the transfer circuits are spread out through both of them, and...
I posted this in the audio theory forum with no luck...realize it probably fits better here anyway since I assume it's some type of electrical issue. I recently upgraded an older Directv HD DVR to one of the new Genie DVRs and now whenever something in my basement turns on (a nearby refrigerator, light switch, etc), the audio on the Directv receiver cuts out for a fraction of a second. This did not happen with my previous Directv DVR (I believe it was an HR20). The only...
Sorry, I wasn't sure which forum to post this in, but I assume it's some type of electrical issue. I recently upgraded an older Directv HD DVR to one of the new Genie DVRs and now whenever something in my basement turns on (a nearby refrigerator, light switch, etc), the audio on the Directv receiver cuts out for a fraction of a second. This did not happen with my previous Directv DVR (I believe it was an HR20). The only difference is I'm now using digital coax going...
The price of these lamps seems to fluctuate a lot. You might want to check AV Science as well.
I don't know of any streamers that have a jukebox layout that would be as good as Boxee/XBMC. I'm a former/current XBMC user and the jukebox on the Mede8er is like going from CD back to cassette tapes as far as convenience and aesthetics. It's the only thing right now keeping me from exclusively going to the Mede8er. Even my wife hates it.
If you don't need 3D, I'm sure there are much better cheaper options than the Mede8er. I would check out the Mede8er threads for more info. This is the MED600X3D thread - http://www.avsforum.com/t/1440149/mede8er-med600x3d-new-3d-version-to-2013
You can get the Mede8er MED600X3D for under $200. If you want 3D and stutter-free playback is your main concern, it is probably the way to go. Unfortunately the jukebox leaves A LOT to be desired and the remote is horrible. Even if you use your own remote it doesn't help - when you press a button it's a major pain to get it to not press twice.
How did you do that? I happen to have one of those mega yagi antennas in my attic not even being used for anything.