or Connect

Posts by eht

Telnet Issues Anyone using telnet in some form or another to control their xx13 unit? I've been using telnet via my Pronto for years with my 3808, but can't get it to work with my new 3313. The pronto connects and can receive status (volume changes, surround modes, etc.) from the 3313, if those changes are initiated via IR or web, but cannot command it at all. Additionally, I am having issues with just using a telnet client for testing. Both putty in windows and telnet...
Yep, same here. I get the notice about the available update, but when I try to download it, it just times out...
You need a managed or "smart" switch to do this. Here is the one I'm using:http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16833122203 You can use the VLAN capability to group the physical ports so that the Oppo and Denon can't see each other. They still remain on the same subnet on your LAN, etc. so there is no other impact to your network. If you have a spare router laying around, you can achieve a similar effect. Put the Oppo on the LAN side and connect the WAN interface to...
I emailed Oppo support about this, and they quickly and correctly responded, suggesting that removing the Oppo from the network might fix the issue, and it did. So there is something the Oppo is doing that the Denon network services or driver don't like. Not saying it's Oppo's fault, mind you - there is no excuse for the Denon being susceptible to a remote "exploit" like this. Nonetheless, Oppo did say they were investigating the issue, and would look to fix it in a future...
I posted this in the 3808CI thread originally. I'm now posting it here as well, as it appears the issue is related to the Oppo/Denon combo.I have been continuing to test this, and it's definitely related to the Oppo. I can leave the TivoHD running all day, and the Denon's network is fine. Same with gaming, bluray, or media playback on the PS3. But if I play a bluray on the Oppo, the Denon's network connection will fail. It doesn't happen immediately, but usually within...
I have been continuing to test this, and it's definitely related to the Oppo. I can leave the TivoHD running all day, and the Denon's network is fine. Same with gaming, bluray, or media playback on the PS3. But if I play a bluray on the Oppo, the Denon's network connection will fail. It doesn't happen immediately, but usually within about 30 to 60 minutes of starting playback. Once it fails, it's gone for good, until the Denon is restarted. All components are connected to...
Other than the jack on the denon itself, I've pretty well eliminated other potential ethernet issues by changing cables, switches, etc. I suppose the jack could be damaged, although it still shows the link and activity lights. It's still acting up, so I guess I'm on to more drastic measures at this point - microprocessor reset, removing other equipment, etc....
Were you able to resolve this issue for good? I am suddenly (last couple days) having a similar issue with my 3808. The network drops completely after an hour or two of operation. No telnet, web access, net audio, ping, etc. Link lights on the denon and on my network switch both still indicate connectivity, however. Power cycling with either button restores connectivity, for a while. Running the latest firmware on the denon. No UPnP on my router. I've tried several...
This post made me lol. Thanks.
The Pronto can certainly control Zone 2, Zone 3, and pretty much anything else you can imagine. The Denon IR protocol is documented here:http://www.usa.denon.com/AVR-3808CI-IRCodes.pdf The RS232/Telnet protocol is documented here:http://www.usa.denon.com/AVR-3808CIS..._Ver5.2.0a.pdf The IR protocol contains extensive command sets for multi-zone control. The RS232/Telnet protocol has even more options. I don't mean to be harsh, but if your programmer can't make a Pronto...