or Connect

Posts by radelow

Ordered a 58V10 on Saturday night . Got them to do the TV for $xxxx (around 25% off from the then-current price of $xxxx) and bought the 4-yr. warranty for $399.99. Plus got 36 month interest free financing (hey if they want to give me free money why not!). It will be delivered September 22nd .
So what is the EPP price? I have a 10% coupon from the USPS but if I can do better that would be great.
Let me preface by saying that this will be my first "big" tv purchase. I currently have a Toshiba Cinema Series 32" HDTV that I bought 2 years ago and absolutely love. However my new house has a much larger living room so this TV is downright small for the room. I have been reading through this tforum and have really come away more confused then anything. I thought it best to summarize what I am looking for and then just get some recommendations... 1. I primary...
Return and buy a good quality 4:3 set. HDTV right now is in its infancy. It is suppose to take full form by 2007 (more likely 2009 or 2010). For most people right now and for the next 3-5 years a 4:3 HDTV is a better purchase. I don't mind having the black bars on the top and bottom of my 32" HDTV when watching DVDs. The quality of the picture more than makes up for it. There is just too little HDTV 16:9 programs right now and that won't change anytime in the near...
I have the 32HFX72 which is the Cinema Series version. I am running HDTV through Digital Cable. Totally awesome. Mark
Stupid Message Board program kicked me out before I finished my letter. Okay I will just summarize 1. 2007...yea right. If you think that'll happen you are misguided. Look how long the DVD standardized format took. 2. For my needs now the 4:3 format suits me better. Who knows where I will be in 2007 (more like 2010). 3. A 30" 16:9 would be too small for what I will need in five years. A 55" 16:9 would be too big for what I need right now. 4. Who...
So I setup my new Toshiba 32" HDTV (Cinema Series) and the cable dood setup my HDTV cable box on Sunday. Watched PBS for about 20 minutes in the evening. My god! It's the first time I have ever seen a HDTV broadcast (didn't even see it in the store). Wow. 1080i looks pretty damn impressive! Can't wait to watch some true 1080i movies on HBO-HD. Just amazing! Mark
I just bought a FX for $1313 (incl. tax) at Good Guys so I would say it's a "fair" deal. They are going to charge you at least $200 to $250 for shipping. Although they say $115 it also says "Subject To Change". They usually end up getting you on the backend for shipping & handling. Anyway even at $115 you are at $1,164. So you save about $150. I would rather spend the extra $150 and get it locally so if I have any initial problems I can take it back. Just my...
I think that for me the Neutrik connectors will work halfway decently. In the future I will go ahead and upgrade to the others. As far as HDTV if you look at the December 2002 lineup you'll notice they added the other networks. I talked to them and they told me they plan to have all the main networks on HDTV by the end of December. mark
Gee thanks ;) No I haven't bought a HDTV tuner. We have HDTV here in San Diego via Time Warner Digital Cable. They are coming to install a new box tomorrow morning!!!! YIPPEE! I orderered HBO-HD while I was at it. As far as cables are concerned I went ahead and bought a 250 foot spool of Belden 1694A and about 20 neutrix connectors from Parts Express. Figure I have a bunch of good interconnects to make! Thanks for all the help you guys on this list have...