or Connect

Posts by lakerstan

Can I add CW-HD (WB and UPN) to our wish list?
Quote: Originally Posted by eweiss Rottentomatoes.com: City of God: 93% Sin City: 78% = this is the movie. I prefer City of God as well.
Freaks and Geeks The Gilmore Girls
Finding Nemo
Princess Leia at Jabba's
I like the Gilmore Girls. There. I said it. There have been some really nice price drops recently at DDD and Amazon on the season sets. I'm starting season 2 now. The writing on this show is very intelligent and suprisingly funny - and Lauren Graham :D Anyone else enjoy this show?
Nice choice there! Also like: "Bring Him Home" from Les Miserables "The Girl from Ipanema" - because it gave the world Astrud Gilberto "This Woman's Work" - Kate Bush "Always and Forever" - Heat Wave "Imagine" - John Lennon "Somewhere over the Rainbow" - Judy Garland "When You Wish Upon a Star" - Jiminy Cricket (Cliff Edwards) and though it may not qualify - "Space Oddity" - David Bowie
Old: Getz/Gilberto (Stan Getz, Joao Gilberto & Astud Gilberto) Antonio Carlos Jobim Dave Brubeck - Take Five Miles Davis Billie Holiday Nina Simone New: Diana Krall Steve Tyrell Chris Botti Here's one from left field - Swing Out Sister. And in the "sort of" jazz vocal category - Elvis Costello and Burt Bacharach - Painted From Memory.
For Elvis Costello, I would add "Almost Blue" and "Shipbuilding". Another outstanding one is a duet with Burt Bacharach, "This house is empty now". If you haven't heard it - treat yourself (Actually, the whole album is fantastic). I would add "What a wonderful world" by Louis Armstrong, and since it's the season, "White Christmas" by Bing Crosby.
Christmas Wrapping - The Waitresses Holy S**t, It's Christmas - Red Peters I want a hippopotamus for Christmas - Gayla Peevy (sp)