or Connect

Posts by wolf

I've been mulling over a manually operated masking system for a bit, and here's my current thinking: I'm going to use fixed black velvet curtains on the side of the screen. For the top and the bottom, I'm thinking of a manually operated rope system inspired by my memory of scenery backdrops from theaters. I don't have a way to transfer my sketches to the computer, so I've just whipped up a little image file that conveys the essence of the idea. The notion is that...
Your problem might be that you didn't spread the liquid nails with a notched trowel. It sounds like you laid down lines of glue from a caulking gun, and then applied the laminate. I believe the approved approach for liquid nails is to spread the glue out with a notched trowel, so you get an even spread of very thin lines of glue over the substrate. You can't really ensure a good dispersion of the glue by rolling the laminate after it's been applied, the glue has to be...
I apologize if I've broken the rules here. Although I've been a forum member for a few years, I'm not that active, and genuinely wanted the advice. I didn't expect to start the small argument that followed. I was aware of this forum and Ebay, but not of videogon, so thanks for the pointer to that. -Michael
Thanks! I just needed the reassurance that I wasn't about to do something stupid. :) -Michael
It is the newer xg1352 varient. I've just posted a thread about taking the lens off, and hope to get some good pictures of the CRTs. -Michael
Hello, I'm getting ready to sell my xg135lc. If possible, I'd like to get pictures of the CRTs to show the wear. But, I've never taken a lens off it before, and the manuals do not say how to do it. I'm not interested in having a puddle of liquid on the floor. I'm also unclear if I can get a clear view of the CRT face with the main lens assembly off, or if there is a C lens that will prevent a good picture being taken. I'm sure someone here has done this to an...
I'm hoping for some advice on what a used CRT projector is worth. I've got an NEC xg135lc (bought from AVS) that I need to get rid of. I'm getting ready to post an add in the for-sale forum, but I'm having a hard time figuring out what to charge. The projector is in good shape, and has only 1360 hours on the tubes. I've searched around for other CRT projector for-sale ads, but there aren't that many of them, and I've seen none for an xg135lc. Any...
Thanks for the pointer, the ASTIG adjustment hadn't occurred to me as a potential cause of the problem. Unfortunately, I've now played with it, and it doesn't address the fringe I'm seeing off the side of the green lines. -Michael
Greetings. I have an NEC XG135LC projector. When throwing up a grid test pattern, the vertical green lines have a fairly well defined line with a significant green fringe off to one side. The effect is more pronounced at the left and right edges of the screen. Can anyone suggest how to adjust the projector to solve this problem? Red and blue do not have the same fringe. Someone I know has suggested that "G2" needs to be tweaked, but the manual I have for the...
unkyjoe-sa, are your joists really 2x3? That's a very odd size for a ceiling joist. Perhaps you really mean that you have an engineered wood joist consisting of two 2x3's connected with a strip of laminated plywood? If you have one of these modern "I-beam" type joists, then I don't know what to advise you. The proper attachment could vary substantially with the type of engineered beam you have. -Michael