or Connect

Posts by MississippiMan

To wrap this up on this thread.... Oft times, initial enthusiasm gets a reality check when one stops and more closely examines the facts in hand. The biggest, most intractable issue involving the use of many excellent reflective coatings are that they are Petroleum Based. This means they requires the use of "all metal" HVLP guns, Acetone thinners and cleaners, are Flammable, have a dangerously high VOC, and cannot be used in conjunction with water-Based coatings. The...
The best way to get more gain than you have using Gray over White is to reverse course and go White over Gray / Silver / or any of the semi- glossy varieties. And of course White Milliskin over White Moleskin. What won't work is a shiny or metallic Top surface.
Piedmont Plastics , MemphisAs for an actual listing of use-per-application, there hasn't been a "Table" published, just the individual experiences and results achieved by those who have selected the various different levels of Colorant to match up with their viewing needs.Pretty much....when someone comes on and lists his circumstances and equipment, either I or someone recommends something specific. Personal interaction....and a degree of culpability assures that no one...
Well I'll do'er. I'm sure anything not produced to be a ultra dark movie will still show lots of color and detail. But when confronted with direct sunlight, unless the combination of the darkness of the surface and the lumen output / contrast specs of the Projector can surpass the intensity of the incoming light, there will always be a loss of contrast (black levels)As I said, what you see above is a un-shielded window directly to the left of the screen, letting full-on...
I would need a specific Model Number. Way to many Sanyo "X" models out there to determine what might be best, but besides, any screen you might contemplate should be built around the upcoming PJ, one that is sure to have less lumens but substantially better contrast.Also, which Panny?In every sense, the suggestions already provided still are valid.
The real issue is that the "paint over a solid substrate" solution aspires to maintain brightness and improve Contrast, while doing so as afford-ably and as simply as possible. The added benefit is almost no loss of viewing quality (...both brightness and equalized contrast...) up to or over 75 degrees off-axis, something that most every example of Film-based applications I've seen fall short of. In the case of painting onto-over anything "beaded", unless the beads are...
One of the primary goals we have always maintained was creating a balance between reflectivity and dispersion. Honestly, it has never been much of a challenge to create Retro- Reflective surfaces. But the caveats they present, along with the limited appeal to what we deem the majority of end users has always delegated them to a very limited role. That said, using such materials and then effectively masking their reflectivity to create such a balance is exactly what is /...
Kiln Dried Pine Base that is not primed, and that does not ever get wet won't ever (usually) warp or bow. Avoiding those potential issues is a primary reason for using MDF. Another is easier workability, the last being price...or the lack of it compared to everything else. But in your instance, finding a width that does not require ripping down long pieces, and that will present a ratio of less than 50% overhang off the Frame's outside edge has to count for a big...
Not really, unless Lowes sells it in a length long enough so you don't have to join ends together like you fif with you frame's long pieces. I don't suggest Loews becaus they do not let you buy by the foot, nor do the carry 16' lengths. They also are pricier. Too many issues, all that.
No, but as suggested previously, I would add some blocks at the corners and spaced around the perimeter to use as support nailers. That would be best...actually highly suggested. I myself have not found any "Base Trim" under 3.25" and when I did need such, I had to take 3.25" width and rip it down using a Table saw or Rip Guide.